University of Waterloo c/o 2019

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For anyone who has not completed all the prerequisites for admission during the academic school year (2014-2015), did you receive admission for Winter 2016? I am planning to apply this year for Waterloo and need to take two more courses for admission. I wanted to take it during the Summer or Fall of next year because I wanted to finish my degree on time.

Also good luck to everyone on the wait list it's dreadful that no one has been notified for this long :(

Members don't see this ad.

NSO4,
I know people who have received an offer of admission (conditional), so their quest status is waiting on completion of those courses or whatever. From what I've heard though is that they prefer if you have all of them done by April the year before your start but I can't confirm this for sure. If anything I'd say do the Pharmacy pre-reqs frist and then finish your degree requirements afterwards during the summer/fall

Members don't see this ad :)
@pms_testosterone I only thought it was like that because last year I made the mistake of making an account before October. So when I contacted UW and OUAC, they said that applying then was for the previous year (January 2015) and I had to wait for October in order for my application to be considered for January 2016. If you follow your link and click on the APPLY link on the UW page, you'll see that the options you're given on the next page are: login or setup a new account for 2015. Just to test it out, I put in my login info for my application and it logged me in and said that my application was already submitted. So, I think that you can't start applying for January 2017 until this October (next month). If that's true, then there would be no reason to open the application in August because there is no need for extra applicants since there are still people on the waiting list.

Hey, for all the people on the waitlist, can you guys access your application? The button I would usually click (Pharmacy and Additional Information Form) are greyed out and unclickable for me. Not too sure if this means anything significant and was just wondering if anything has the same thing.

Hey, for all the people on the waitlist, can you guys access your application? The button I would usually click (Pharmacy and Additional Information Form) are greyed out and unclickable for me. Not too sure if this means anything significant and was just wondering if anything has the same thing.
For me , when I click on AIF form, it says not submitted (for January 2016 cycle).. what is happening lol

have you contacted them in terms of what our chances are of getting in or found out from anyone who got off the waitlist?

It hasn't changed for me. I can still click on pharmacy and then if I click on application, it says the "no decision has been made" message. But if I click on the AIF, it says that I haven't submitted anything for the January 2017 cycle.

have you contacted them in terms of what our chances are of getting in or found out from anyone who got off the waitlist?
I have not. I will probably email them Monday asking about whats happening to my application as I cannot access it anymore.

Waterloo has a website to search up classes (which includes class size) and for the upcoming pharmacy class, it appears the class size is 126 (as opposed to 120 they said they would accept). So I'm thinking they over accepted this year?.

http://www.adm.uwaterloo.ca/infocour/CIR/SA/under.html is the website I'm talking about. Change the term to 1161 (Winter 2016) and change the subject to PHARM.

I have not. I will probably email them Monday asking about whats happening to my application as I cannot access it anymore.

Waterloo has a website to search up classes (which includes class size) and for the upcoming pharmacy class, it appears the class size is 126 (as opposed to 120 they said they would accept). So I'm thinking they over accepted this year?.

http://www.adm.uwaterloo.ca/infocour/CIR/SA/under.html is the website I'm talking about. Change the term to 1161 (Winter 2016) and change the subject to PHARM.

Oh wow.. hoping for a miracle!

just out of curiosity...for those who have been admitted to the program, what are you guys doing before school starts?

Working full time until at least Dec 15. That tuition's exorbitant. What about you?

Me too, trying to get a job (1h tutoring a week doesnt even count)

Anyone planning on working part time during school? Does anyone know if the course load allows for it?

did anyone on the waiting list hear back ? they were suppose to let us know their decision before dec 31 :S

Hey guys, I hope you all are having a great holiday. So I'm filling my AIF now, and for the question about 'special circumstances' I am planning to write about retaking cell biology. I retook it to upgrade my mark since I got a C the first time and an A the second time I took it. The reason I failed to get a good mark the first time was some family issues I was having at the time and working 20 hours a week. Is that a reasonable excuse to perform poorly in a course though? Is this going to make them think I'm not able to perform well under pressure?
Any advice will be greatly appreciated :)

Hi Nisheta! I'm applying to UW this year and I have a similar situation where my grades were not so good.. Does the school frown upon reasons and consider them excuses?
Thanks

@simon0923 (Since I'm already here and posting:) Yes, I think you have a good chance. You can always emphasize what you've learned in your pharmacy experience in your AIF essays.
The interview is very traditional; they simply as you a series of questions then ask if you have any.

@simon0923 (Since I'm already here and posting:) Yes, I think you have a good chance. You can always emphasize what you've learned in your pharmacy experience in your AIF essays.
The interview is very traditional; they simply as you a series of questions then ask if you have any.
Please can someone specify the types of questions ask during the interview. Thanks

Please can someone specify the types of questions ask during the interview. Thanks

@davmark7

They are general questions that do not require any specific knowledge about pharmacy.
We can't post the questions here, as that would be giving some people an unfair advantage.