University of Windsor, St. Kitts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bob_xxx

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was planning to apply to the University of Windsor School of Medicine, St. Kitts, and I was wondering about this school and how it was and has anyone been there? I heard its more of a low tier school but it is accredited and it prepares you for the USMLE. I am concerned about its ability to get me rotation or residency since they favor the better schools.

Does anyone know if my chances of getting residency in the US will be hindered if I go to this school?

Members don't see this ad.

I was planning to apply to the University of Windsor School of Medicine, St. Kitts, and I was wondering about this school and how it was and has anyone been there? I heard its more of a low tier school but it is accredited and it prepares you for the USMLE. I am concerned about its ability to get me rotation or residency since they favor the better schools.

Does anyone know if my chances of getting residency in the US will be hindered if I go to this school?
Yes... and very much!

It is not accredited in all 50 states. Your chances of successfully completing the program and obtaining a residency are severely diminished. In 2013, 85/188 USIMGs obtained first-choice residencies, or approximately 45%. SGU, Ross, Saba, AUC, AUA. Pick one of those instead, preferably one of the first 4.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think you're also supposed to consider what their USMLE pass rate is, which apparently is really low for Windsor grads.

It is not accredited in all 50 states. Your chances of successfully completing the program and obtaining a residency are severely diminished. In 2013, 85/188 USIMGs obtained first-choice residencies, or approximately 45%. SGU, Ross, Saba, AUC, AUA. Pick one of those instead, preferably one of the first 4.

How hard is it to get into the first 4? Is it harder than most US/Canadian universities?

Do you know what states is Windsor accredited in?

No I don't, you would have to inquire with the medical board state-by-state unless they maintain a list of approved schools online, which some do not. I do know that they are not approved in California, and several states (Alaska, Tennessee, New Mexico, Indiana, and Kansas that I know of) follow the California-approved list. I also do not think they are approved for New York either, but I'm not positive about that.

What's going on with the sudden urge to create threads about Caribbean schools that are not part of the "Big 4 (and I guess AUC)?"

Any Caribbean school that is not SGU, Ross, AUC, Saba, or AUC is a piece of garbage. You would have to be a complete ***** to attend that type of school.

(Overly harsh, I know -- but you get my point)

Reactions: 2 users
What's going on with the sudden urge to create threads about Caribbean schools that are not part of the "Big 4 (and I guess AUC)?"

Any Caribbean school that is not SGU, Ross, AUC, Saba, or AUC is a piece of garbage. You would have to be a complete ***** to attend that type of school.

There's usually an uptick in activity in the fall. Everybody is getting their rejection letters from their July AMCAS apps and knee-jerking. I am really disheartened by the interest in un-vetted schools recently, though. I don't really have an explanation for that.

Reactions: 1 users

@SkipJunior graduated from there did well on the uslme and didn't match.

Ask him about his experience.

Big 4 is bad also. Non big 4 is just a waste of time and money.

Reactions: 2 users

http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Winds...al-School-Fraud-Abuse-Cayon-Caribbean-1239673

I would say the only reason to attend Windsor is that it is cheap. They fail large percentages of their students at each Block exam(s), with very low scores and average scores. They then charge $100.00+ for the first retake, and $1000.00 for the second. Many other fees are not indicated on their website, so I suspect the tuition is not cheap for most repeating exams and classes. Get used to that in Carib schools, since they are now being run by people who think that it is smart business failing people to pay them more money to repeat classes,and for these schools it may be considered as smart as it gets.
The Windsor website commits to nothing, where at least some other web-sites for Carib schools say something, albeit often fraud with every Carib school. I would say the exception is the big 4 financed through the FAFSA approved schools. The rest will commit fraud. Period. The Financial Aid is the only thing that keeps any Carib School from committing fraud. Therefore, cheap is how you feel when the games are played. Any business with these people is like dealing with lunatics and surly idiots, who are doped up, since St. Kitts runs that way and the Deans are not anything professional or any better than the students. Drugs by professors on St. Kitts and Deans at Windsor are commonly used, and they know each other, so go from there and if that is hard for you to imagine or believe, then do not come here. That is their normal behavior on St. Kitts, which is unlike most professional American behavior outside of sales maybe, so you may be in for a mess dealing with Windsor staff. The islanders are fine for the most part (they do not run or own Windsor), but crime gets violent here. Women need to figure out the dangers of wanting too much attention, or at least realize nothing will be investigated for crimes. It is an island known for people killing their spouse for insurance or real estate reasons, due to the lack of proper investigation. If that is difficult for you to believe, then do not come here, since it can be trouble for students and if the med-school dislikes you as has happened in the past on many Carib islands, it gets worse.
Do not attend from the USA, since they should not be allowed to solicit business from the USA. Fraud, and other outright problems exist, as does in other Caribbean Schools, and any schools that you suspect were soliciting you with any discrimination may need to be reported to the Department of Education, since they solicit from and have businesses in America. Fraud is common and another reason to report these schools to the Department of Education or any authority that can be involved in investigation of these schools.
If money is not an issue, then Windsor is absolutely to be avoided, and will get no better in the future, since some politics are involved with how their students are funded through special funding from the USA and Canada.
If money is an issue, where you have to attend a St. Kitts Medical School, then I would suggest a different career. You are very unlikely as an American to see a residency that will pay back your loans. I do know people have gotten residencies from Kitts, but only one from Windsor, and another that posted on here, so not meant for Americans as far as I can tell. Canadians have a different way of financing and approving schools, which has some oversight by the Canadian government, which makes private schools to likely offer them better clinical placement options in America as compared to Americans attending Carib schools even. There are no consistent rules with Non-FAFSA approved Carib schools. I suspect American medical schools (in Carib locations) realize that Canadian students loans have some government oversight, so Canadians have better options from Carib schools, so as to avoid Canadian financial disapproval. I am unaware of Canadian students at Windsor. I suspect few if any naturalized Canadians attend Windsor.
The 45% chance of seeing a first time residency(1st year) is true for all Carib Schools, and the 2nd year try is as low for American applicants, so if Canadians are allowed to fill American Residencies, then it is the same for them. the first time USMLE is often very low for Carib Schools, and the Big 4 FAFSA ones better by far. All others lie about this number, but expect 65% 1st time and no better on their 2nd attempts. The non-funded schools are sales related and run to make as many sales as possible, so nothing is checked as to their claims unless you report fraud or suspected fraud to the Dept. of Justice. For Americans, the report is anonymous and a whistle blower reward exists for prosecution of these people.
Many do need to be cleaned up and many professors do not have the credentials they lie about, especially if they come from countries that have poor or fake record keeping. It seems absurd, but it is really that far gone with dishonesty and surly behavior noted each day.

Last edited:
I am a student at Windsor and passed my pre USMLE STEP 1 exam and trying to get someone at the school to send my transcript so i can sit for the exam but unable to get in touch with the right person at the school to do so. Any one knows how and who i need to contact at the school to do so, any phone number or email. please help.

I am a student at Windsor and passed my pre USMLE STEP 1 exam and trying to get someone at the school to send my transcript so i can sit for the exam but unable to get in touch with the right person at the school to do so. Any one knows how and who i need to contact at the school to do so, any phone number or email. please help.
Contact the USMLE and the ECFMG.
Tell them your situation. I'll bet the school responds more promptly to them.

Reactions: 1 user
Are you sure this is going to help i am so anxious. what is the phone number for both please. Thanks

Why don't you try calling - don't email, call - their U.S. office first and explaining your situation (and just assume for now gyngyn was being tongue-in-cheek and not intentionally unhelpful).

U.S. Information Office
6212, Monee Manhattan Rd
Monee Illinois, 60449
Tel 708-235-1940
Fax 708-235-1942
Email [email protected]

-Skip

Status
Not open for further replies.