UNLV interviews?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PTpro

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone hear from UNLV on when their interviews will be? I've got a couple deposits at other places I may have to pay just in case if they don't get back to me in time.

Members don't see this ad.

I contacted them before and was told that they don't even review a candidate until after they have sent their fall grades, so that really sucks for anyone taking classes currently. I kind of regret applying after finding that out.

Ya no kidding. I'm taking a class only as a "just in case" retake. I think it might be less help than I thought.

Members don't see this ad :)
I contacted them before and was told that they don't even review a candidate until after they have sent their fall grades, so that really sucks for anyone taking classes currently. I kind of regret applying after finding that out.

I didn't get told this specifically but I did get an email where they were made it sound like getting your fall transcripts sent ASAP after academic update opens was a big deal...

I knew for sure they didn't start processing applications/sending out interviews until after the Nov. 3rd deadline, but I guess it may be later than that.

Last edited:
Anyone hear from UNLV on when their interviews will be? I've got a couple deposits at other places I may have to pay just in case if they don't get back to me in time.

Man I thought this thread was going to be asking who else had gotten an interview today or something and started excitedly opening my email...lol :hungover:

I didn't get told this specifically but I did get an email where they were made it sound like getting your fall transcripts sent ASAP after academic update opens was a big deal...

I knew for sure they didn't start processing applications/sending out interviews until after the Nov. 3rd deadline, but I guess it may be later than that.
Yeah, I think I got the same email. I called them to clarify. They said that I would need to have my transcript immediately sent after fall grades were in. They said there was an extremely small window of time for me to get it done.

Yeah, I think I got the same email. I called them to clarify. They said that I would need to have my transcript immediately sent after fall grades were in. They said there was an extremely small window of time for me to get it done.

I don't really get that, none of the other schools I've applied to seem to have that issue. My grades won't even be posted and on my transcript until like 3 or 4 days after academic update opens...but the academic update stays open until like mid-January...wonder what the big rush is?

FYI for my CC I was able to submit the transcript request form NOW,
with the option "send after grades are posted."

received Dec. 15. Looks like they give you less than two weeks' notice before the interview!

The UNLVPT Admissions Committee has reviewed your PTCAS file and your application is complete.

An important component of our admission’s process is an on-campus interview. These interviews are granted only to applicants who have completed their application and have positioned themselves well compared to the relative strength of the applicant pool. These interviews will take place at the end of January, 2015. You are eligible for the interview selection process and you will be notified if you have been granted an interview by January 15, 2015.

Thank you for your interest in UNLVPT

Sincerely,
UNLVPT Admission Committee​

I got the same email. We'll see how close to Jan. 15 it really is before notifications come out.

Reactions: 1 user
I just got one for the 23rd. Do they split interviews into two groups?

Members don't see this ad :)
Well I'm in the first half (or about in the middle) of the alphabet and I got the 30th...so who knows...maybe it's like ice skating where the judges tend to save their best scores for the later contestants :D haha jk

I'm at the end of the alphabet and I'm going on the 23rd.

So if I was gonna hang around in Vegas the Saturday after the interview and could only do one or two good tourista things, anyone have any reccomendations?

@Carson Ranger I realize your not from Vegas but your the closest I've got at this point so I'm lookin at you lol

I've never been on the High Roller Ferris wheel. My favorite Cirque show is Ka at the MGM Grand. Walking the Strip can be fun. I was hoping to set up some play at the Frank and Vicki Fertitta Tennis Complex Thursday &or Friday, but I haven't heard back from the UNLV tennis club yet ...

So if I was gonna hang around in Vegas the Saturday after the interview and could only do one or two good tourista things, anyone have any reccomendations?

@Carson Ranger I realize your not from Vegas but your the closest I've got at this point so I'm lookin at you lol
The aquarium at the Mandalay Bay is pretty cool... the buffets at Ceaser Palace and Bellagio are really good too... and if you play poker, I like the Venetian the best...I love Vegas, I'm probly gonna retire there when I'm older haha

I just received an email about an interview! Flights for me are super expensive at such short notice, so I really don't know what to do.

I just received an email about an interview! Flights for me are super expensive at such short notice, so I really don't know what to do.

Are you scheduled for Jan. 30?

Does anyone happen to know how many candidates they interview?

From past threads it seems that they interview around 80 people

Really? Where did you see this? 80 interviews for ~35 seats is less than I though it would be. I guess having gotten an interviewer as an out-of-stater must be a pretty good sign then...hopefully lol...

Really? Where did you see this? 80 interviews for ~35 seats is less than I though it would be. I guess having gotten an interviewer as an out-of-stater must be a pretty good sign then...hopefully lol...
I went back through some old threads and saw where a current student said they heard they were interviewing around 80 also. I don't remember if it was last year or 2013.

Lemme try and find it

Hey Guys, I am a current UNLV student. Last I heard they are interviewing around 80 applicants. And those of you waiting for an interview don't give up hope yet. I know some students in the program that got offered an interview a week or two before the interview date. Good luck to everyone interviewing and good luck to those of you waiting!

Hey Guys, I am a current UNLV student. Last I heard they are interviewing around 80 applicants. And those of you waiting for an interview don't give up hope yet. I know some students in the program that got offered an interview a week or two before the interview date. Good luck to everyone interviewing and good luck to those of you waiting!

Nice. Who was the OP of that quote?

Hey everyone! I actually am a current first year student at UNLV. I don't know the exact number of candidates, but I think I heard it was close to 80 this year also. Good luck to everyone! If anyone has any questions, I would be happy to answer what I know.

Hey everyone! I actually am a current first year student at UNLV. I don't know the exact number of candidates, but I think I heard it was close to 80 this year also. Good luck to everyone! If anyone has any questions, I would be happy to answer what I know.

Can you describe the interview format and what the agenda was like for the interview day last year?

Sure! Last year they had assigned is into three groups. After a brief introduction and opportunity to talk to some of the students, your group would do one of three things. We took a tour of the department, took a tour of some of the campus, and had our interview. Each group did those things in different order.

The interview was with a member of the faculty and an alumni PT. I felt like the questions were what I expected, nothing to out of the ordinary.

After the three parts, the faculty introduced themselves. That's the gist of it. This year may be a little different because they split it into 2 days. Last year all the interviews were on the same day; a morning group and an afternoon group.

Sure! Last year they had assigned is into three groups. After a brief introduction and opportunity to talk to some of the students, your group would do one of three things. We took a tour of the department, took a tour of some of the campus, and had our interview. Each group did those things in different order.

The interview was with a member of the faculty and an alumni PT. I felt like the questions were what I expected, nothing to out of the ordinary.

After the three parts, the faculty introduced themselves. That's the gist of it. This year may be a little different because they split it into 2 days. Last year all the interviews were on the same day; a morning group and an afternoon group.

Nice one, thanks!

Got my interview for the 23rd. Wishing everyone luck with the interview process!

Wow, just today? That's cuttin it pretty close lol
That might have been because of me, I decided to not go to the interview 2 days ago. I've realized that Vegas would not be a good place for me to study lol

That might have been because of me, I decided to not go to the interview 2 days ago. I've realized that Vegas would not be a good place for me to study lol

:wideyed: You must be pretty happy with the acceptance you already have then...

Wow, just today? That's cuttin it pretty close lol

No I definitely did not get my interview today. I have had the interview since 12/23, but I saw the forum and thought I would post. I am a new member to SDN as of yesterday. :)

No I definitely did not get my interview today. I have had the interview since 12/23, but I saw the forum and thought I would post. I am a new member to SDN as of yesterday. :)

Aha, gotcha. Well you blew @ktachiba's theory...hope someone else does get to take that open spot though!

:wideyed: You must be pretty happy with the acceptance you already have then...
Yeah I'm pretty set on going to UNE unless I get into Puget Sound, then I'll have to really think. Ive gone to Vegas every year since I was little... I wanna experience a new environment. Plus there's a lot of distractions there lol

Yeah I'm pretty set on going to UNE unless I get into Puget Sound, then I'll have to really think. Ive gone to Vegas every year since I was little... I wanna experience a new environment. Plus there's a lot of distractions there lol

Puget Sound is a great school. I have a friend who is going there now, and have worked with a couple PTs who graduated from there; and they are all great. I can only imagine how hard the decision would be if you were accepted.

Puget Sound is a great school. I have a friend who is going there now, and have worked with a couple PTs who graduated from there; and they are all great. I can only imagine how hard the decision would be if you were accepted.
Yeah it seems like a solid program. I like how it has its own outpatient clinic that students participate in. It would basically come down to which location I'd rather live in. Either in lots of rain or cold winters lol.

I had my interview yesterday and it hopefully went well. They are interviewing around 90 people this year for the 30 spots out of 750 applicants. Interviews were 20 minutes each and were pretty low-key and conversational. They said that decisions should be made in 2 weeks. Feel free to ask any questions. Good luck to everyone who is interviewing next week!

I had my interview yesterday and it hopefully went well. They are interviewing around 90 people this year for the 30 spots out of 750 applicants. Interviews were 20 minutes each and were pretty low-key and conversational. They said that decisions should be made in 2 weeks. Feel free to ask any questions. Good luck to everyone who is interviewing next week!
What kind of questions did they ask you? Did you interview 1 on 1?

I had my interview yesterday with UNLV and it went great. My advice is to just be yourself. Don't be fake! They want to see who you are and if you fit their program. Good luck!

Questions were pretty general: why PT, describing myself, talking about shadowing experiences, life balance ... It wasn't as scripted as other interviews that I have had and I didn't feel like any of the questions were made to catch me off guard. Like smuttle said, just be yourself and don't stress out.