UNLV interviews?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just taking our time then. Anyone know where they want to live? Heard Henderson was good but seems like a big area

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Nothing extensive. Just been perusing craigslist and looking. But I don't know what is a good area to live...my buddy was just like look at Henderson since that's closer. She lived in Summerlin (sp?) but that seems farther away than necessary

Summerlin is really nice, but pretty far away. Henderson will give you a better value. Green Valley is the nicer part of Henderson, and not too far away from school. I'm currently living in Vegas if you have any questions about the city.

As for loans: Have you guys applied for anything yet or is all that info supposed to come with this matriculation email?

Summerlin is really nice, but pretty far away. Henderson will give you a better value. Green Valley is the nicer part of Henderson, and not too far away from school. I'm currently living in Vegas if you have any questions about the city.

As for loans: Have you guys applied for anything yet or is all that info supposed to come with this matriculation email?

Fill out a FAFSA. That's about all you need to do for now.

Cool. Any other cities/places nearby to keep in mind?

For loans- FAFSA and I'm not sure how to register for Grad loads (gradplus or whatever they're called)

Don't be too worried about Grad Plus and the works if you can't figure it out. Definitely fill out your FAFSA asap (although I still need to do mine for this year....). If I remember correctly, I didn't register for the grad plus loans until school started. At orientation you meet with financial aid for about 30 minutes to figure all the loan stuff out. There's a financial aid lady designated for our department to help you

Cool. Any other cities/places nearby to keep in mind?

For loans- FAFSA and I'm not sure how to register for Grad loads (gradplus or whatever they're called)

I've been trying to find places pretty close to the school to make the commute easier, but the neighborhoods are pretty rough around there to be honest. There are a few places literally right next to school - you could walk to class in 30 seconds, but again, they are pretty run down and all have bad reviews online, of course. But it might be worth looking into, just so you don't have to drive really. I also used to live in the south portion of 89118, near the freeway, and it was pretty nice and only 20min drive. From a few of the first years I talked to, many live in Henderson and just commute. That's probably the best bet overall.

I've been trying to find places pretty close to the school to make the commute easier, but the neighborhoods are pretty rough around there to be honest. There are a few places literally right next to school - you could walk to class in 30 seconds, but again, they are pretty run down and all have bad reviews online, of course. But it might be worth looking into, just so you don't have to drive really. I also used to live in the south portion of 89118, near the freeway, and it was pretty nice and only 20min drive. From a few of the first years I talked to, many live in Henderson and just commute. That's probably the best bet overall.
haha yea that's what a lot of the students told me too. i was just wondering if there were any other areas i should look into. i don't mind commuting since it's gonna have to happen sooner or later when clinicals come around. seems henderson is the common choice. sounds like a pt party over there. haha

Members don't see this ad :)
I enrolled for the 10am-11am lab (because who wants to sit around for an hour between lecture and lab?)
and I enrolled for the Wednesday EBP course (because who wants a long Monday?)

that moment when I've forgotten how to log into my myUNLV account and don't remember my answer to my SQ. :|

So I didn't figure it out and had to go digging (house is a mess due to a water accident) to find where I scribbled everything down. Luckily I found it and I would have never guessed my SQ answer. Such an obscure reference that I completely forgot about it....hahah

As for schedules, I went the opposite route. Opted for 11-12 because I figured if I need extra help I can go a little past the class time and not be booted out for the next group to come in (flashbacks to undergrad when I had a question at the end of class and the next class is just waiting by the doors, clawing and climbing over each other to get in for that sweet spot at the end of an aisle). And then stacked EBP on Monday/Tuesday because hump daaaaaaaaaaaaay (nah I just feel more productive starting the week).

Hey guys, I've seen a few people talking about where to live. I've been out here since July and I live in North Las Vegas. Summerlin is a little bit of a drive and Henderson is closer and a nicer area, but you'll pay for it in rent. North Las Vegas has some nice places for a little cheaper, just depends on your standards and price range :). Something to think about though, I-15 can be a mess...there's some sort of fender bender on it pretty much everyday, so if you are unluckly you can get stuck for awhile. At the interviews one of the current students told me they are pretty strict about showing up on time. A few students have had problems during travel and some profs were cool, some weren't.....just my two cents.

Hey so I've never owned a tablet. Any advice on the ipad to buy? I see on the Apple Store that the 64GB ipad air 2 is 600 without data. Will 64 be necessary? Or should I just get an iPad 1 if there isn't that much difference...

Hey so I've never owned a tablet. Any advice on the ipad to buy? I see on the Apple Store that the 64GB ipad air 2 is 600 without data. Will 64 be necessary? Or should I just get an iPad 1 if there isn't that much difference...

I picked up a 32gb Air 1 from walmart for $370.

The Air 2 is supposedly a big improvement over the Air 1 in terms of processing power, but that's not really something I need so it wasn't worth coughing up another 150 bucks. I don't know if the 32gb will ever be a space issue, but I don't think so. Depends on the user though. I won't be storing lots of music/videos/photos on it but some people are into that stuff.

Last edited:
I picked up a 32gb Air 1 from walmart for $370 so I could use the rest of the $600 for a nice case/keyboard/stylus setup.

The Air 2 is supposedly a big improvement over the Air 1 in terms of processing power, but that's not really something I need so it wasn't worth coughing up another 150 bucks. I don't know if the 32gb will ever be a space issue, but I don't think so. Depends on the user though. I won't be storing lots of music/videos/photos on it but some people are into that stuff.
Yea that was my dilemma. I'm definitely not storing movies/music on it, but I'm sure pictures or videos will happen (from classes/labs...I refuse to hold a freakin iPad to take a picture in public).

32gb for the Air 1 sounds good. Too bad Apple wants that money from the Air 2. I may just go with the Air 1 then. My main concern with the Air 2 16GB is that if we have to use e-books/apps for classes and tests, it would fill up and then I'd have to keep stuff in cloud storage.

16gb is definitely a bit small...I think 32 will be fine

Has anyone received aid for this summer? I see the aid for the year starting fall 2015 but I've got nothing for summer 2015. :|

I am attending UNLV's DPT program this June. Is anyone looking for a roommate?

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone get an update for summer financial aid? I called the office about a week and a half ago and they said it'd be disbursed around first week of May. Isn't there a payment due on the 15th?

Mine says there's only 159 bucks due on 5-15. Then tuition for Summer II appears to be due 6-5 and for Summer III on 7-10. My summer aid has not posted though.

Yea I have the 159 due. Either I'm going crazy or the due now amount changed on the main page from 159 to 3115 and I was thinking that that's not a very fun amount to have to pay out in a week. Thanks though!

Apparently that schedule verification for can take like a month to get processed into the system, which could be why summer aid hasn't posted. That's what they told me at one point when I called the financial aid office.