About the ads

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

UNMC Nebraska College of Dentistry updates?

Discussion in 'School Specific Discussions' started by Kahr, Nov 8, 2011.

1. This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors and sponsors. Thank you.
  1. Kahr

Kahr audi 5000 Moderator Emeritus Lifetime Donor

Dental Student
    Navy Air Force SDN 5+ Year Member

SDN Members don't see this ad. (About Ads)
    So just curious if anyone has heard anything from UNMC or inquired with them; gone to an interview? On AADSAS it's listed me as received/under review since July with no notation.

I e-mailed Ms. Cunning (enrollment manager), and she said in regard to my application:

"At this time it is in a "hold group". Because we are a state school we have to consider Nebraska residents first. This year we have a large Nebraska pool."

Anyway, I'm happy to see at least a few people on pre-dents with interviews, but don't see much on SDN itself.
  2. nandrews17

nandrews17

Pre-Dental
    My interview is tomorrow. But I am from Nebraska so that helps substantially. It is very tough to get into really any state school when you're not from that state. I regret even applying to one.
  3. DrewA

DrewA

Pre-Dental
    How'd your interview go? I had mine late last month.

Kahr, what state are you applying from? I hear it's pretty hard to get in if you're not a Nebraska resident or a resident of a few other contracted states.
  4. Kahr

Kahr audi 5000 Moderator Emeritus Lifetime Donor

Dental Student
    Navy Air Force SDN 5+ Year Member
    Hawaii. Ironically I've had family living in Iowa, Minnesota, and Nebraska for my entire life (have been to all many times throughout my life as well), unfortunately that doesn't hold any weight with the admissions people. I don't think Nebraska participates in WICHE, so my current residence doesn't help me there... then again I don't know how much that even matters seeing as OHSU hasn't invited me either.

Anyway, I didn't have my hopes up, but it's still disappointing. Best of luck to you both.
  5. DrewA

DrewA

Pre-Dental
    This is my third time applying so I'm praying this is the time I get in. If it doesn't work out for you this cycle and you want to keep trying at Nebraska, try getting in contact with Dr. Vogt. He is the admissions coordinator and is a really nice guy. I would think he'd be pretty honest with you about being a Hawaii resident and your chances at this school.
  6. Drakkix

Drakkix

Pre-Dental
    Hello All!

I'm an AZ resident with some strong family ties to Nebraska. I applied in June and have heard back and received/gone to my interview at UNMC.

Great school, great people really looking forward to hearing back from them!

Best of luck to everyone!