Unofficial vs. Official post-bacc (clarification)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dr.phoot

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, gang:

Have a degree already, but I'm retaking classes because not all my prerequisites are C and above. I am enrolled as a second degree seeker because it's tough to get the science classes -- especially prerequisites--you need as a non-matric.

Since I already have a degree, this is considered a Postbacc, right? I don't intend to go all the way through and finish; just need to retake prerequisites and whatever upper courses are interesting. I ask because I was considering enrolling officially in a Postbacc but their courses are basically all classes I can take on my own as a 2nd degree seeker.

So would my classes in the second degree program be considered as a postbacc even though it's not a formal postbacc program with a certificate at the end? Should I ask the schools?

Members don't see this ad.

[...] Since I already have a degree, this is considered a Postbacc, right? [...]
Whether they will calculate it that way, I am not sure. For certain, however, you're not pursuing an actual postbaccalaureate degree, since you're pursuing a degree at the baccalaureate level. You could say this is "Bacc: Round II," if you want to call it something, or go with the label you mentioned as a "second degree seeker."