UNT CoP Inaugural Class Hopefulls!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Originally Posted by sj2012
Did you send thank you notes to each individual interviewer or just the college?

I might have over done it buuuuut I sent 5 lol :p
1 to each of the interviewers, 1 to Dr. Kilpatrick. 1 to Dr.Jacobson and 1 to the staff for the tour and they were all super nice. But ya i pretty much emphasized how impressed I was with the school and how I really wanted to go there and then thank you for the opportunity.
I think if you send ty to the interviewers and dr. kilpatrick youll be fine.
You gotta do what you gotta do lol

Geez, 5 notes, making everyone else look bad! :)

From what I've read, it seems that the majority of applicants only send thank you notes to the interviewers, so that's what I did. I'm positive that it had NO influence on their decision, because they would have received them after the time frame we were told that the admissions committee would be meeting.

Long story short, had a serious family health issue the day after my interview, I was so stressed/upset that sending thank you notes completely slipped my mind. I felt really bad about it. Interviewed 2/27, put them in the mailbox 3/10. But I figured better late than never, and I didn't want to come off as a total unappreciative douche to potential future professors. I was accepted 3/13.

Short answer, thanking each individual interviewer is polite and the socially graceful thing to do.

Members don't see this ad.

My app has been complete for about 4 & 1/2 weeks now and have not heard on an interview. Should I call it quits on an interview?

My app has been complete for about 4 & 1/2 weeks now and have not heard on an interview. Should I call it quits on an interview?

Mine was complete at the end of November, and I got an interview invite on Feb 5th. My friend's application was complete before mine, and she still has nothing. They said interviews were going through April... so who knows, certainly not all hope is lost.

Members don't see this ad :)

Don't stress. I completed my app in December and got an interview invite at the beginning of March. They have rolling admissions and apparently have only filled 1/3 of the seats. They'll be doing interviews every Mon and Wed through April...so you have time!

Don't ever give up hope.
Email them.
send them a good email saying you just wanted to see where your application and that you really are interested in UNT and you never know. Dont give up though

Don't ever give up hope.
Email them.
send them a good email saying you just wanted to see where your application and that you really are interested in UNT and you never know. Dont give up though

Yes I had about 3 weeks ago tried to supplement my application and convey my passion for pharmacy but they said they would not allow such a letter to be put with my file. I emailed them a few minutes ago with just a quick email stating that I am keeping my fingers crossed and that I am excited about the school. Hope it does something.

Yes I had about 3 weeks ago tried to supplement my application and convey my passion for pharmacy but they said they would not allow such a letter to be put with my file. I emailed them a few minutes ago with just a quick email stating that I am keeping my fingers crossed and that I am excited about the school. Hope it does something.
Have you worked in a pharmacy before?
Cause what got me in was working in the pharmacy.
Im a better then average-tech, Im fast. i understand the system. I just need to work on my customer service a little :/ lol I wont let patients stomp all over me.

Hopefully you hear from them though :)

Have you worked in a pharmacy before?
Cause what got me in was working in the pharmacy.
Im a better then average-tech, Im fast. i understand the system. I just need to work on my customer service a little :/ lol I wont let patients stomp all over me.

Hopefully you hear from them though :)

Yes I work in a pharmacy part time. I've worked as a tech for 2 years. Yes customers can be difficult sometimes lol

Has anyone heard back from the March 4th or 6th interviews? It's Friday and this would make it 3 weeks.

Nope, haven't heard anything back yet. My interview was the 6th. What about you?

Mine was on the 4th and now I am nervous. They were fairly consistent on the 3 weeks bit that I have been checking my email nonstop since last Monday haha.

Same here lol if they literally take the entire 3 weeks, then that would be Wednesday for those that interviewed the 6th. But yea according to the other people notified and from what I've seen, 14 days was the fastest they notified an applicant. Hopefully we hear something soon!

Got my acceptance email at 11 am today! Very excited. Almost 100% positive I'm accepting this offer over A&M. But still have to think about it

Members don't see this ad :)
Got my acceptance email at 11 am today! Very excited. Almost 100% positive I'm accepting this offer over A&M. But still have to think about it

Congratulations! If someone is not accepted, do they still get an email? or does UNT do rolling admissions? What about people that are wait listed - do they find out by email in the same time period?

Ya UNT is cheaper then A&M.
Plus I think the opportunity to be in the very first class is something special

Based on the info on SDN, here's what i see...
Interview on Mar 6th: accepted on Mar 25th (1 person- 773025)
Interview on Feb 27th: accepted on Mar 13th (1 person- Paranoia6)
Interview on Feb 25th: accepted on Mar 13th (2 persons- member0730, pharmgirl3212)
Interview on Feb 18th: accepted on Mar 8th (2 persons- Mehds, CocaNapple13)
Interview on Unknown: accepted on Mar 8th (1 person- Pharmgirl0221)
Interview on Unknown: accepted on Mar 2nd (2 persons- omfgitslaura, pharm boi)
Interview on Feb 13th: accepted on Mar 1st (2 person- pharmgirl17, txpharmgirl)

When did interviews start? When do they end in April?

Did anyone from the Feb 11th or Feb 20th dates ever hear back? Only one person so far from the week of Mar 4th?

It seems 11 people from the SDN forum have gotten accepted so far (of which a couple said they were declining). They have 80-100 seats to fill... they're either putting a lot of people on wait list or there are very few accepted applicants writing on SDN.

Interview on Feb 25th: accepted on Mar 13th (2 persons- member0730, pharmgirl3212)

Did anyone from the Feb 11th or Feb 20th dates ever hear back? Only one person so far from the week of Mar 4th?

It seems 11 people from the SDN forum have gotten accepted so far (of which a couple said they were declining). They have 80-100 seats to fill... they're either putting a lot of people on wait list or there are very few accepted applicants writing on SDN.

I declined my offer a couple days after I received it---good luck to everyone :)

I had a March 4th Interview and I got my acceptance today too at 11am! I'm accepting :)

Anyone know of a facebook group yet started for the class?

lol well here at UNT, I wouldnt have to pay for room & board and alot of those other amenities. So i guess it just depends on your situation, but yes tuition is cheaper.

Do you live in Ft Worth? If anywhere else in the metroplex, you would be driving a long ways every day so it's probably better to rent something in Ft Worth anyways.

What is the consensus out here? If you got accepted into both UNT and A&M, which one are you leaning towards and why?

Do you live in Ft Worth? If anywhere else in the metroplex, you would be driving a long ways every day so it's probably better to rent something in Ft Worth anyways.

What is the consensus out here? If you got accepted into both UNT and A&M, which one are you leaning towards and why?
I live in arlington so its 15-20 min away so its not too far.
And im going to UNT for sure. I just know the FW area and its pretty awesome. theres way more to do than College station.
It depends on you though. Did you interview at both places? I mean which ever school you came out with a better feeling inside you should go

I live in arlington so its 15-20 min away so its not too far.
And im going to UNT for sure. I just know the FW area and its pretty awesome. theres way more to do than College station.
It depends on you though. Did you interview at both places? I mean which ever school you came out with a better feeling inside you should go

when was your interview? and a&m pharmacy school is actually in Kingsville, but yes same applies there. nothing at all to do lol I interviewed at both and had a way better feeling about UNT which is the main reason im choosing them over A&M. the last thing you need to think about in pharmacy school is that you don't want to be at that particular school. it really is going to be a special opportunity too.

Congratulations! If someone is not accepted, do they still get an email? or does UNT do rolling admissions? What about people that are wait listed - do they find out by email in the same time period?
thank you :) and yes you should be notified either way. good luck to you :)
I had a March 4th Interview and I got my acceptance today too at 11am! I'm accepting :)

im wondering the same thing about a facebook page. it would be nice to familiarize ourselves with our future classmates

There are a few reasons im choosing UNT over A&M. besides the first impression and gut feeling, location is a big reason. difference in Prices are negligible between the two. but back to location. I worked with a RPH that went to Kingsville and he (and many others) complained about having to travel far distances for IPPEs during the year (such as having to travel to San Antonio on a Monday and coming back on Tuesday for classes). At UNT there are endless sites nearby for IPPEs whether in Ft. Worth, Arlington, or Dallas. I rather be in that position then having to make 3 hour drives during the week for 1 day only and having to come back to school the next day. And someone correct me if im wrong but IPPEs are done each semester the first 3 years.

I'm curious about this as well. Is anyone planning on going to discover myHSC day?

I interviewed on the first day (feb 11), and got accepted on 03/01.

I recently completed the background check as was instructed in the e-mail I received. Has anyone else completed that? Do you know if we need to do fingerprinting at any point??

I'm also about to send in my meningitis records. Is there anything else we are suppose to be submitting right now?

I registered for the discover myHSC day, so maybe I will meet some future classmates there ;)

I recently completed the background check as was instructed in the e-mail I received. Has anyone else completed that? Do you know if we need to do fingerprinting at any point??

I'm also about to send in my meningitis records. Is there anything else we are suppose to be submitting right now?

I registered for the discover myHSC day, so maybe I will meet some future classmates there ;)

I paid for my background check on Friday but haven't heard anything back good or bad. I'll be 30 when classes start so I don't have to submit a meningitis vaccination. But what about other vaccinations? Did you or anyone receive an "official" enrollment package of what to do? I still have a seat at Tech and they require CPR/TB etc... Anything on those?

I registered for it too! Can't wait to meet my future classmates :)

I've been accepted to multiple schools, but now I'm leaning towards going to UNT. I was impressed with them on my interview day and the staff all seemed really nice and helpful.

However, they are the complete opposite whenever I email them about a question. Every time I email them, I get a somewhat unprofessional and rude response from them. So I was wondering how much faith do ya'll have in the faculty helping out the inaugural class and placing them in a position to succeed?

For those that have already accepted their admission's offer to UNT, can ya'll give me some insight on why you chose them as opposed to other schools? What was the deciding factor?

I'm seriously considering UNT, but I just wished their faculty would be more helpful to prospective students.

Same thing^^ I've emailed them before and they've been somewhat rude in their replies. They think everything is explicitly stated on their website, but at the time, it was not. I feel like they knew this and were tired of answering everyone's emails or something. When I was there, however, everyone was really nice and accommodating. I've been accepted, but I'm still waiting on another to make my final decision

Sounds like a school I would go to. Draw you in with their kindness until you sign on the dotted line and they begin withdrawing your loan / savings money. :smuggrin:

Ill be at the discover day.I hope they have intramural sports, I wanna play soccer, vball and basketball lol if we have the time that is
And ya they were pretty snobby in responding to my emails too. I think that its the admission staff. but im not worried about the actual teachers.
Im pretty set on this school.

I've been accepted to multiple schools, but now I'm leaning towards going to UNT. I was impressed with them on my interview day and the staff all seemed really nice and helpful.

However, they are the complete opposite whenever I email them about a question. Every time I email them, I get a somewhat unprofessional and rude response from them. So I was wondering how much faith do ya'll have in the faculty helping out the inaugural class and placing them in a position to succeed?

For those that have already accepted their admission's offer to UNT, can ya'll give me some insight on why you chose them as opposed to other schools? What was the deciding factor?

I'm seriously considering UNT, but I just wished their faculty would be more helpful to prospective students.

I've heard that alot but I really didn't get that impression when they responded to my emails-I think that they just have a lot going on with the development of the program that they sometimes come off as short. I did however call them and spoke to Lorena and she did that once you have been accepted you actually deal with the student services department-not admissions. So I would contact them with questions.

As far as deciding factors-I have paid for the seat fee at UNT and Tech with UNT being my 1st choice. I think that they will be similar in program styles because they are both health science schools, meaning they will put a significant emphasis on clinical pharmacy. Personally, all of my experience has been with retail so I'm not very well versed in other aspects of pharmaceutical healthcare and I think that being a graduate from a school like that would give you more options after graduation that you might not have considered before. Plus I think it's pretty awesome that we would be the inaugural class because no other UNT CoP class can claim that!

Don't forget that, contrary to what some ppl think, if you are accepted to UNT then you are what they consider top notch because they want to achieve their accreditation and they are highly selective for those that they believe will successfully complete the program AND pass the boards!

So congrats to all that have been accepted and good luck to all still waiting. I look forward to meeting all of my future classmates!!

I've haven't experienced any rudeness on their end. In fact, the week before my interview (and every week after that) the admissions staff has been notifying my that my pharmacist has failed to send in my recommendation letter. Even after mailing it three times, emailing PDF copies, faxing it more than twice, the staff still has said they are missing it. I'm sure they are being inundated with all kinds of paperwork from both applications and accreditation stuff, but how do you manage to not receive a letter that's been sent multiple times? Regardless, everyone there was extremely accommodating (especially Lorena) and would reply to my emails within the hour. They went out of their way to make sure the letter was received. And honestly, I prefer the short emails..cut out all of the BS and tell me what I need to know.

I've haven't experienced any rudeness on their end. In fact, the week before my interview (and every week after that) the admissions staff has been notifying my that my pharmacist has failed to send in my recommendation letter. Even after mailing it three times, emailing PDF copies, faxing it more than twice, the staff still has said they are missing it. I'm sure they are being inundated with all kinds of paperwork from both applications and accreditation stuff, but how do you manage to not receive a letter that's been sent multiple times? Regardless, everyone there was extremely accommodating (especially Lorena) and would reply to my emails within the hour. They went out of their way to make sure the letter was received. And honestly, I prefer the short emails..cut out all of the BS and tell me what I need to know.

Amen!

Does anyone know what classes are probably like? I assume it would be 5 days a week. I'm curious about whether we would have morning and then afternoon classes on some days or would they be all in the morning or all in the afternoon? I'm thinking about commuting from home but not sure yet which is why I'm asking since I don't want to sit on campus all day.

Does anyone know what classes are probably like? I assume it would be 5 days a week. I'm curious about whether we would have morning and then afternoon classes on some days or would they be all in the morning or all in the afternoon? I'm thinking about commuting from home but not sure yet which is why I'm asking since I don't want to sit on campus all day.
They said it would depend on how your labs/IPPEs are scheduled. Somedays you could be out by noon and others you may be there all day

I just wanted to thank everyone for their input! Maybe I'm just nitpicking about the email thing. I just want to make sure I choose the right school to attend, because it will impact my future.

They anticipate classes to start at 8 or 9 am and end around 2:30 pm for the most part with the exception of lab days. However, a few times during the semester, expect there to be classes on Friday from about 1-4 pm.

I also had a problem with them not receiving one of my recommendation letter. A few others at my interview day had the same problem as well.

Are most of ya'll from the DFW area and just plan to commute? Is anyone planning to get an apartment in downtown Fort Worth or near it? If so, any recommendations on what apartments to look at?

I just wanted to thank everyone for their input! Maybe I'm just nitpicking about the email thing. I just want to make sure I choose the right school to attend, because it will impact my future.

They anticipate classes to start at 8 or 9 am and end around 2:30 pm for the most part with the exception of lab days. However, a few times during the semester, expect there to be classes on Friday from about 1-4 pm.

I also had a problem with them not receiving one of my recommendation letter. A few others at my interview day had the same problem as well.

Are most of ya'll from the DFW area and just plan to commute? Is anyone planning to get an apartment in downtown Fort Worth or near it? If so, any recommendations on what apartments to look at?
Did they ever get your letter? I know the adcom met today to discuss my file and up until last night they only had the evaluation and not the letter. Here's to hoping for the best!

Did they ever get your letter? I know the adcom met today to discuss my file and up until last night they only had the evaluation and not the letter. Here's to hoping for the best!

Nope, my professor sent it twice too. I didn't want to keep bothering my professor. I ended up asking a different professor to write me a recommendation letter and that one arrived just fine. The other person that was in the same interview group as me did the same thing. They ended up asking a different person to write them a recommendation letter.

I'll be moving back to my parents and commuting, which will be about a 20 minute drive for me!

I'm really surprised no one has started a facebook group yet?

Hey guys I just got my acceptance letter last Wednesday also! Interviewed on March 11th. Congrats to all who got in! Anybody planning on working this first year? And if so, where at?

Hey guys I just got my acceptance letter last Wednesday also! Interviewed on March 11th. Congrats to all who got in! Anybody planning on working this first year? And if so, where at?
Ya Im planning on working. But just like 4 hours a month. pretty much just to stay in the system, nothing too hardcore. I think pharmacy experience as a tech is super valuable. You get to see how the pharmacy runs from that viewpoint and that willl only make you a better pharmacist. and you wont be one of those pharmacists that takes advantage of their techs...smh

My thing is I work at a 24 hour cvs and i really like it, I have no doubt about me being able to handle high volume, high stress stores. but I sort of want to see a different system
I heard walgreens has a pretty good computer system so I applied there and I actually have to go interview with them later today lol so depending on how that interview goes ill pick one and stick with them.
but then I also want to intern at a hospital over the summer. but i still gotta get an iv certification. so if i can do hospital and retail ill def stick with that.

Officially going to UNT! Can't wait to start. Does anyone know if a Facebook group is being made?