UNT System College of Pharmacy--Class of 2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

coolbna

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys! I made this thread for all those who will be applying to the new UNTHSC SCP this application cycle as the second inaugural class (<-- I don't think there is such a thing)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I will be applying to UNT. Have you guys finished your applications yet?

I will be applying to UNT. Have you guys finished your applications yet?

I just submitted my PharmCAS and supplemental application last week! I hope my PCAT score doesn't mess up my chances. What do y'alls statistics look like??

Members don't see this ad :)
I just submitted my PharmCAS and supplemental application last week! I hope my PCAT score doesn't mess up my chances. What do y'alls statistics look like??

I'm actually a first year student now but my last year stat were average. I took a year off to work as a CPhT and retake some classes. As long as you apply early you should be fine.

3.4 overall GPA
2.8 science
PCAT 70 (second time)

I'm actually a first year student now but my last year stat were average. I took a year off to work as a CPhT and retake some classes. As long as you apply early you should be fine.

3.4 overall GPA
2.8 science
PCAT 70 (second time)

Awesome!! How do you like UNT? How are the classes?? :)

Awesome!! How do you like UNT? How are the classes?? :)

I really like it so far. Well, classes are manageable, and if you've a good background in A&P and biology the first year should be a breath. We've a lot of clinical work, like case studies, interdisciplinary workshops with the DOs and PTs, and this SAGE program. Which sort of take extra time from studying or work but I guess we need the clinical background stuff.

I have received an interview invitation for Oct 30th at UNT.
P1 students-do you have any suggestions/tips to better prepare for the interview process? Thank you in advance.

I received an email interview invite this morning too! I e-submitted PharmCAS on Sept 7th (verified Sept 18th) and submitted the supplemental applications on Sept 18th.

I have the option to choose between Oct 30th and Nov 11th for the interview. I may pick the latter date to give myself a bit more time to prepare. I don't even have an interview suit or anything yet lol.

And yes, any advice would be greatly appreciated!!

I received an email interview invite this morning too! I e-submitted PharmCAS on Sept 7th (verified Sept 18th) and submitted the supplemental applications on Sept 18th.

I have the option to choose between Oct 30th and Nov 11th for the interview. I may pick the latter date to give myself a bit more time to prepare. I don't even have an interview suit or anything yet lol.

And yes, any advice would be greatly appreciated!!
I think you should do the Oct 30th one in my opinion. Just like the earlier you apply the better, the earlier you interview the better. Honestly I don't think you need more than a day or two to prepare. For my interview I just looked up common interview questions and tried to come up with a general response and practiced rehearsing those responses.

When I interviewed, I had two separate one-on-one interviews with a faculty member and it was pretty relaxed. Just be yourself and show that you have a passion for pharmacy/helping people. I don't really remember too many of the questions that were asked but they did ask about how I felt about them not being accredited and why UNT. I'm a current P1 student so if you have any questions just let me know.

Member 0730-
Thank you for the advice! I have chosen Oct 30th as my interview date.. It's in 2 weeks!!

PBD2013 & Johnathon W93 -
I have a Bachelors degree and I didn't check that box, but I still got an interview. I don't think it matters too much. My overall GPA was only slightly better than my math & science GPA so it's not a huge difference. I believe it's mostly for students who want to be exempt from a few classes they haven't taken yet. I'd email the school to make sure if you're really worried about it.

My stats are pretty similar to yours so I think you have a good chance. Submit as early as you can! In addition to the GPA and PCAT scores, I have nearly 2 years of CPhT experience in a retail pharmacy and ~200 hours of volunteer service.

I received my invite to interview and chose October 30th as well!

Does anyone know if this is their first interview date for this application cycle?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi I was wondering what y'all thought my chances are of getting an interview. My pharmcas application is going to be mailed on 10/21 with a pharmcas gpa of 3.15. I will be getting a BS in Biology in the spring and I got a 64 comp on my PCAT. I have over 3 years of pharmacy technician experience and have logged over 160 community service hours. Thanks

Hi I was wondering what y'all thought my chances are of getting an interview. My pharmcas application is going to be mailed on 10/21 with a pharmcas gpa of 3.15. I will be getting a BS in Biology in the spring and I got a 64 comp on my PCAT. I have over 3 years of pharmacy technician experience and have logged over 160 community service hours. Thanks

Not bad, I think you have a decent chance :) Best of luck!!!

I just declined my interview offer for UNT hoping that this will open up an interview spot for the currently waiting students.

Does UNT wait until all LOR and Supp fees have been paid to extend interviews? I submitted everything except LOR not yet in and just paid the Supp fee last week and haven't heard from them.
I have interviews with U. Arkansas and Midwestern-Glendale scheduled so far but kinda want to go to UNT since I live in the DFW.

Does UNT wait until all LOR and Supp fees have been paid to extend interviews? I submitted everything except LOR not yet in and just paid the Supp fee last week and haven't heard from them.
I have interviews with U. Arkansas and Midwestern-Glendale scheduled so far but kinda want to go to UNT since I live in the DFW.

Not real sure. My application has been entirely complete (pharmcas, supplemental, and app fee) since 10/15 so who knows.

Just received my invitation to interview but my dates aren't until December :( do y'all know what the turn around time is for hearing about acceptance?

Hmmn so it looks like about 10 days or so from completion to interview offer around this time, I just had my fee in 10/23 so Im guessing I should hear from them by the end of next week or so. Id rather stay in state, my other interviews out of state are backups right now.

For the supplemental application fee... where can I get the money order or cashier's check? I wrote a check to them but they sent it back... dumb question :/

Yay I just got an interview invite for december...but I still havent submitted my supplemental app or paid the supplemental fee...only pharmcas is in so idk.

As I remembered, we must send cashier check ( correct me if I am wrong). See you guys on Dec 2

For the supplemental application fee... where can I get the money order or cashier's check? I wrote a check to them but they sent it back... dumb question :/

You can get it from your bank. You might have to pay a fee for it though.

I submitted PharmCAS + supplemental application 2 weeks ago and got my interview invitation last week. I'm always impressed by UNT everytime I called or email them. The admission committee is so helpful and friendly. To be honest, UNT was not my 1st choice school, however with my impression with the school, I think it becomes my 1st choice school. My interview date is Dec. 4th so excited!!

You can get it from your bank. You might have to pay a fee for it though.
you can purchase money order at local Post office. I did the same, so don't feel bad. you are not the only one.

you can purchase money order at local Post office. I did the same, so don't feel bad. you are not the only one.

Thanks! I have yet to send in my supplemental applicaiton fee. Do you know if that needs to be sent it first to be considered for an interview? I sent in my pharmcas application 10/12 and it mailed for 10/21 and I have not heard back from them yet.

By the way good luck to you!

Oh nevermind, just read that someone got an interview date without paying for the supplemental application.

Oh nevermind, just read that someone got an interview date without paying for the supplemental application.
I don't know about that but I'm pretty sure you need to pay for supplemental application before they review your file. And it's pretty much same rule for others school. In my case, I e submitted pharmcas on 10/15 but I did submit supplemental application sometime in Sept. However, because there was some error I made while filling out the application, the admission committee opened it again and let me fix the error. So, my supplemental application was received on 10/25 (pharmCAS website) and got interview invite email on the same day 10/25.

I just had my interview October 30th, 2013. Waiting for their reply is killing me, lol. But they say it should take 2-3 weeks. *crossing my fingers*

I just had my interview October 30th, 2013. Waiting for their reply is killing me, lol. But they say it should take 2-3 weeks. *crossing my fingers*
if you don't mind me asking. how did your interview go?

Last edited:
I think it went well. All of the staff are very nice and seem very enthusiastic about the new program, it was very refreshing. Good luck in your interview!

I have an interview for January 6th! Looking forward in meeting you all! Good luck!

I have an interview for January 6th too. I was originally offered December 16th, but had to reschedule because of a scheduled final exam in Austin, then I as offered either Dec 4th or Jan 6th. I had to choose Jan 6th because again the Dec 4th date conflicted with a scheduled midterm during the last week of class.

Can any one had their interview share some tips about it? Like what questions they asked, and what's the interview format? I have my interview on 2nd Dec, I am really nervous!

It was rather stress-free so try not to be nervous, just be yourself. I think there were nearly 10 interviewees during my session a couple weeks ago. They start off with a mini introduction/presentation of the school before giving you a timed essay (30 min) - it's not difficult. Then they'll split everyone who'll rotate between a file review (basically to check your personal info is correct, what pre-reqs you still have left to take, etc.) and 2 one-on-one interviews with a faculty member/pharmacist (20-30min each). Then they show you a short video about the school at the end and if there's still time, they may possibly give a quick mini tour of some classrooms or such. For the interview, just look at general questions that are typically asked at any pharmacy interview and you should be fine. You'll hear Acceptance/Waitlist/Rejection results about 3-4 weeks later.

Accepted!!!

Should we create a Facebook group? I'm looking for roommate(s) for next year.

I just got my acceptance email to UNT! I will be accepting!

I just got my acceptance email to UNT! I will be accepting!
Congrats!!! May I ask when did you have your interview? I will have mine next week and I'm wondering how long it takes them to let you know their decisions after your interview?

Congrats!!! May I ask when did you have your interview? I will have mine next week and I'm wondering how long it takes them to let you know their decisions after your interview?

Thanks! I had my interview on October 31st, it took a little over 3.5 weeks for them to get back to me. The email reached my inbox at 9:30PM. lol.

Thanks! I had my interview on October 31st, it took a little over 3.5 weeks for them to get back to me. The email reached my inbox at 9:30PM. lol.
Hi, did you sent thank you card after your interview? And if you did, who did you sent it to and where did you sent it? Thanks!

I got rejected and im still shocked. I thought i would be in with pcat in low 80s, gpa 3.25, BS in science... thought my interview went well. Now i'm hopeless and have no idea what is the deal breaker in my application. :(

I got rejected and im still shocked. I thought i would be in with pcat in low 80s, gpa 3.25, BS in science... thought my interview went well. Now i'm hopeless and have no idea what is the deal breaker in my application. :(
When did you interview?

I'm waiting for Nov 11th as well... I wonder if anyone else from that date heard back