UNT System College of Pharmacy Class of 2019

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi, everyone

DO UNT have summer school? because I saw there is tuition for summer?
Summer is only for rotation as part of the IPPE. there will be 80 hours of community rotation on the first summer and 80 hours of hospital rotation on 2nd summer, and another 80 hours on the 3rd summer.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I interviewed at 8am jan 20th, I was the guy who took the longest doing that survey at the end. No word yet for me.
Yeah I remember you! And I guess I'm just really hoping for an email!

I interviewed Jan 6th, and still have not heard a thing. So don't get your hopes up just yet for a reply lol I'm really not sure why it's taking them so long so send out emails though. It's honestly kind of frustrating. Especially since they told our interview group that we would hear word within 2 weeks.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah same here especially hearing that someone got a response exactly 2 weeks from their interview lol. Guess we're not as lucky. I also have an interview coming up for tech on feb 20 so hopefully that goes well as well!

I interviewed Jan 6th, and still have not heard a thing. So don't get your hopes up just yet for a reply lol I'm really not sure why it's taking them so long so send out emails though. It's honestly kind of frustrating. Especially since they told our interview group that we would hear word within 2 weeks.
That's been quite a while =\ Yeah I'm trying not to get my hopes up. (Kinda hard not to though)

Yeah same here especially hearing that someone got a response exactly 2 weeks from their interview lol. Guess we're not as lucky. I also have an interview coming up for tech on feb 20 so hopefully that goes well as well!

That's been quite a while =\ Yeah I'm trying not to get my hopes up. (Kinda hard not to though)
Yes, definitely! I keep checking my e-mail hoping to find something, but still nothing. It's getting harder and harder to keep being patient at this point lol

"Summer is only for rotation as part of the IPPE. there will be 80 hours of community rotation on the first summer and 80 hours of hospital rotation on 2nd summer, and another 80 hours on the 3rd summer."

thank

for P4 do we still have rotation?

"Summer is only for rotation as part of the IPPE. there will be 80 hours of community rotation on the first summer and 80 hours of hospital rotation on 2nd summer, and another 80 hours on the 3rd summer."

thank

for P4 do we still have rotation?

Yes, actually I take back the IPPE rotation on 3rd summer. All you do in P4 is advanced rotation, which is APPE. APPE starts on the 3rd summer and continue through out the following Spring semester. There are 5 required APPEs and 2 selectives, 6 weeks each.

I can't tell since both schools did not give me a tour to see the classrooms and facilities like UNT, Tech and Arkansas did. However, i will pick A&m over UH. UH's tuition is expensive. I also do not like HOUSTON traffic. Hahha.
yes. I totally agree with you. Between UNT, Tech, and A&M which ones will you pick over the other and what will be your reason? I just want to know your thoughts about the three schools?

I can't tell since both schools did not give me a tour to see the classrooms and facilities like UNT, Tech and Arkansas did. However, i will pick A&m over UH. UH's tuition is expensive. I also do not like HOUSTON traffic. Hahha.

UH is pricey? I think most public schools in Texas charge similar amount of tuition, give or take. UH is like 21K per year, UNT is 23k per year, UT is 22-23k and A&M is 19k, Texas Tech is ~ 18k. TSU is the cheapest.

For those of you that are current P1's or P2's, how are you liking it there so far and what made UNT your choice school?

I am trying to decide if I still want to come to UNT, after them taking as long as they are to make a decision lol. I really liked everything I saw when I was at my interview, but I'm starting to get a little disappointed and lose hope since they haven't sent out any e-mails and it's been a month lol I just want to hear SOMETHING

Last edited:
yes. I totally agree with you. Between UNT, Tech, and A&M which ones will you pick over the other and what will be your reason? I just want to know your thoughts about the three schools?
I definitely pick Tech. They have very good facilities. Their program focus more in clinical pharmacy. They took the interview group on the tour around the school and classrooms. I was impressed with their anatomy classroom and labs. The faculty is very nice. In addition, for P3,P4 rotation site, you can pick lubbock, amarillo or dallas. My second choice is A&M.

UH is pricey? I think most public schools in Texas charge similar amount of tuition, give or take. UH is like 21K per year, UNT is 23k per year, UT is 22-23k and A&M is 19k, Texas Tech is ~ 18k. TSU is the cheapest.
Yes i think pharmacy schools are expensive. So I just try to limit my debt as much as possible.

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed the afternoon on Jan 6 and still haven't heard anything from them. Anybody heard back yet?

I interviewed the afternoon on Jan 6 and still haven't heard anything from them. Anybody heard back yet?
I know of one person that got an e-mail saying they were getting put on the wait list, but everyone else I talked to hasn't heard anything. I'm so anxious lol

Knowing how frustrating it is, here is my status so you guys can calc ur statistics :0)
Interviewed on jan 20 at 8a
Received an email saying I was placed on hold today 9am 2/5...that's it! :(

Knowing how frustrating it is, here is my status so you guys can calc ur statistics :0)
Interviewed on jan 20 at 8a
Received an email saying I was placed on hold today 9am 2/5...that's it! :(
I'm trying to figure out if no email is an indication of a denial or a hold also lol

I'm trying to figure out if no email is an indication of a denial or a hold also lol
According to Class of 2018, some ppl had to wait like 1.5 -2 months before they received their acceptances/ hold! As long as its not a denial letter, you are still on the run. Don't lose hope! :oops:) *ps I'm trying hard to b optimistic as well

According to Class of 2018, some ppl had to wait like 1.5 -2 months before they received their acceptances/ hold! As long as its not a denial letter, you are still on the run. Don't lose hope! :oops:) *ps I'm trying hard to b optimistic as well
Of course! I guess the only thing we can do right now is wait it out (as hard as that is). Who knows, they might surprise us with an email containing good news something soon. Fingers crossed!

Is UNT your top choice or you guys have some other schools that you want to go to? Just curious

Initially I wanted to go to uh b/c I have family there, however I really love unt environment ..

:( i wanr to know what is my place on the hold list since they said its ranked in accordance to gpa and pcat (??)

Reactions: 1 users
I interviewed Jan 20th and received an email yesterday that I have been placed on HOLD.

Would you guys mind sharing your stats? Will any of you get a Degree by the time you enter the program?

Hi guys, congrats to everyone who got accepted, and good luck to those who are still waiting! I am a P1 student at UNTHSC, for those who decided to attend this school, I wanna sell all my P1 textbooks after this semester is over, anyone interest?

Where did you get this information??
during the interview, dr. KiLPatrick mentioned it, however my memory maybe wrong. I've just sent them an email about it.

For all those who are placed on hold as well, draw your swords! We must dual!

Stats: 3.1, bs in micro, 75 comp pcat, 5yrs as pharm tech

Good luck to me n everyone !!

My stats: 3.6 science gpa and 3.73 overall for pre-requisites, 82 pcat, will graduate with biochem degree and chem minor in may 2015, 3.5 years of retail pharm tech experience, and lots of volunteer hours. My recommendations were from 2 pharmacists and an academic advisor.

I got accepted five weeks after my interview due to winter break. The people who interviewed a few days after me got their status a week before I did, so that means they may send info out of order of interview dates. The wait does suck!!! However I wish everyone the best of luck tho & congrats to all for making it this far.

during the interview, dr. KiLPatrick mentioned it, however my memory maybe wrong. I've just sent them an email about it.

For all those who are placed on hold as well, draw your swords! We must dual!

Stats: 3.1, bs in micro, 75 comp pcat, 5yrs as pharm tech

Good luck to me n everyone !!
Will you please let us know what they say in response to you're email?!

Don't lose hope everyone. I was in the same boat like you guys last year. I had 4.0 science and 3.9 overall for pre-req without any degree, 91 Pcat, a year of retail experience. Still took them about 6 weeks to send me the acceptance letter. Worst part was I lost couple hundreds of deposit money to keep seat at other schools because of the wait. :cryi:

Last edited:
hello, everyone
any P1, P2 student from UNT

for the P1, and P2 years. DO I need books for the class? I mean Do we need to read book to prepare for the class? and Do I need to buy all the books for all of my classes in UNT?

Of course! I guess the only thing we can do right now is wait it out (as hard as that is). Who knows, they might surprise us with an email containing good news something soon. Fingers crossed!

Have you heard anything back yet?

hello, everyone
any P1, P2 student from UNT

for the P1, and P2 years. DO I need books for the class? I mean Do we need to read book to prepare for the class? and Do I need to buy all the books for all of my classes in UNT?

Hi, I am a P1 student, I would say that you might need book for biochem and physio, I know physio book is online so you don't have to buy it unless you want to, and for pharmaceutics, sometime they want you to read the book before class, I didn't read much but I did read some, so it depends on you. For self care, I think it's better for you to buy the book because you will find that some of the professor's PPT hard to follow, so it's better for you to have the book for reference. Pharmacy practice, I was really confuse about pharmacy practice last semester, didn't know what's going on for most of the time, so it's hard to say if you need the book or not. Skill lab, you might want the book for calculation, it's really helpful. I don't know if i left anything out, but you can find some book at lewis library, online version, so just check the list they sent you, good luck!

Hi guys! Unt emailed me today and said I'm in the lower quatile of the hold list. What does this mean?! Am I on the upper part of the list or toward the end of the list? :( They also stated last interviews are in this month.

Those who are on HOLD, you can email them for your ranking and estimate ur chances.

Hi guys! Unt emailed me today and said I'm in the lower quatile of the hold list. What does this mean?! Am I on the upper part of the list or toward the end of the list? :( They also stated last interviews are in this month.

Those who are on HOLD, you can email them for your ranking and estimate ur chances.

Which email address did you use to inquire your position? I'm gonna ask as well and clarify the lower or upper quartiles

Which email address did you use to inquire your position? I'm gonna ask as well and clarify the lower or upper quartiles

We're they nice about it? Lol how nerve wracking!!! Ahhh

I received a rejection letter in the mail over the weekend. What about you?

First, I inquired with UNT about the status of my interview (through email) on February 2nd and all they sent me back was "A Dean's letter of denial was mailed to you on Friday." (Mind you, they emailed me back not even 5 minutes after I emailed them initially.) They didn't address the email to me or even put a signature stamp. Not even a "we regret to inform you" or anything. I found it very unprofessional and quite rude considering the nature of such things concerning getting accepted or denied.
Then, I received my denial letter in the mail this past Friday.

First, I inquired with UNT about the status of my interview (through email) on February 2nd and all they sent me back was "A Dean's letter of denial was mailed to you on Friday." (Mind you, they emailed me back not even 5 minutes after I emailed them initially.) They didn't address the email to me or even put a signature stamp. Not even a "we regret to inform you" or anything. I found it very unprofessional and quite rude considering the nature of such things concerning getting accepted or denied.
Then, I received my denial letter in the mail this past Friday.

I e-mailed them regarding my place on the hold list last night. I received a rude e-mail informing me that I am on the bottom of the hold list. It was also not addressed to me or included a signature stamp. I would advise against e-mailing them especially since you do not know who is actually relaying you information.

Last edited:
HEY!! I interviewed on 1/20 and was placed on the hold list. Im still waiting to find out my place. I havent gotten a reply yet. :eek: SOOO nerve wrecking!

Didnt they say most on the hold list got accepted in the past? How many are on the list at this point, does anybody have a total?

Last edited:
HEY!! I interviewed on 1/20 and was placed on the hold list. Im still waiting to find out my place. I havent gotten a reply yet. :eek: SOOO nerve wrecking!

Didnt they say most on the hold list got accepted in the past? How many are on the list at this point, does anybody have a total?
I haven't heard any information about being on hold..

I interviewed and was put on hold. Just emailed them and they emailed me back saying I got in!!!!!!! Email them guys!

I interviewed and was put on hold. Just emailed them and they emailed me back saying I got in!!!!!!! Email them guys!
Congrats! You must be one of the ppl on top of the list then!
Do mind sharing your stats and when was ur interview date?