UNT System College of Pharmacy Class of 2019

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I interviewed and was put on hold. Just emailed them and they emailed me back saying I got in!!!!!!! Email them guys!

Interesting. I emailed them today about my place on the hold list and they said the director of admissions is out for the week so I should check back on Monday. What was your place on the hold list before acceptance, do u know? Congratulations on your acceptance :)

Members don't see this ad.

Interesting. I emailed them today about my place on the hold list and they said the director of admissions is out for the week so I should check back on Monday. What was your place on the hold list before acceptance, do u know? Congratulations on your acceptance :)

Yeah same here.

Me too!!! It's driving me nuts. I've been checking the mail like crazy. Do you guys know your ranking on the hold list?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Where did you get this information??
If you are on the hold list there is no "ranking" as in if you are put first on the list you get selected first. The dean hand selects the candidates he feels is most fit.

I interviewed this past week and was part of the last groups of interview and was told that if you are on the hold list then the dean selects you to his preference. Unlike the wait list where its ranked from 1 to whatever and its first come first serve on that list. I had asked about this to more than one faculty member and that is what I was told.

I interviewed this past week and was part of the last groups of interview and was told that if you are on the hold list then the dean selects you to his preference. Unlike the wait list where its ranked from 1 to whatever and its first come first serve on that list. I had asked about this to more than one faculty member and that is what I was told.
There goes my dream of attending unt:/

There goes my dream of attending unt:/
If anything being on a hold list gives you a better chance to be selected as opposed to a wait list if you are on the bottom then you would have to wait for all those in front of you to get in. You never know... dean can select anyone from the top to the bottom if they like you. Keep your hopes up!

Lol I checked my email the whole day before I realized today is president day!!!

Got a reply after emailing them this morning. Basically told me they don't share this information because it is not a wait list but then they told me the quartile that Im in.

Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone figure out what the quarters mean? Is lower quartile good or bad?

It means one is in the last 25%. :0( pray really hard and start looking at alternative(s)

Is this what unt pharmacy told you?

YES. However, to be on a hold list means you are still competing with those who are being interviewed. Once all qualified applicants are accepted, then the list becomes a wait list.. **2nd part is deduced from my research, maybe wrong

So I emailed them and the told me that I am located in the first quartile of the list. Is that good or bad?

That's also what I'm wondering. Did you email them back to clarify?

So I emailed them and the told me that I am located in the first quartile of the list. Is that good or bad?
Yes!!! But don't celebrate till you get the acceptance call first! Can we trade places?? ;) lol

In statistics being in the first quartile actually means being on the bottom of the list

Yeah, I had the same reasoning, but unt destroyed it with their respond
"Hypothetically speaking, if you have 100 people on the list and you divide by four: top, next to the top, middle and last, you are located at the bottom of the list."

Does anyone know what percentage of the hold list usually gets in at unt?

Is there a facebook group for the class of 2019? Anyone interested in starting one?

So is UNT just accepting people based on their GPA and PCAT score by ranking them highest to lowest?

So is UNT just accepting people based on their GPA and PCAT score by ranking them highest to lowest?
No, after the interview the admissions committee goes over your whole application including your essays and interviews and makes their decision as a group.

Don't lose hope everyone. I was in the same boat like you guys last year. I had 4.0 science and 3.9 overall for pre-req without any degree, 91 Pcat, a year of retail experience. Still took them about 6 weeks to send me the acceptance letter. Worst part was I lost couple hundreds of deposit money to keep seat at other schools because of the wait. :cryi:

Why did you decide UNT over the other schools?

Also, after attending school for about a year now, do you see any disadvantages of UNT being a new school? Are there the same amount of opportunities for inters/jobs/experience for UNT students?

Has anyone on hold gotten any updates?

Does anyone know if UNT is finished sending out acceptances yet? I was put on the hold list.

I emailed UNT and they stated that they are still at least two months away from seating the class.

If anyone on the hold list gets acceptance, will you please let us know on here?

Reactions: 1 users
If anyone on the hold list gets acceptance, will you please let us know on here?

Is the hold list the same as a waitlist? I thought you were put on hold if they didn't have all your application materials in order to make a decision.

I interviewed jan. 20 and was put on the hold list. I emailed them to see where I stand, and they said I was "near the bottom" of the list. It was a bit disheartening to hear that but I got accepted feb. 20. Don't give up guys.

Is the hold list the same as a waitlist? I thought you were put on hold if they didn't have all your application materials in order to make a decision.
The hold list is not the same as a wait list. As of now, there isn't a wait list. There's only a hold list. If you're on the hold list, it means you're competing with other people to get in, and they're still comparing your application with others. Plus all your application materials (besides final transcript with all required courses left) are required to be submitted before the school invites you for interview.

The hold list is not the same as a wait list. As of now, there isn't a wait list. There's only a hold list. If you're on the hold list, it means you're competing with other people to get in, and they're still comparing your application with others. Plus all your application materials (besides final transcript with all required courses left) are required to be submitted before the school invites you for interview.
Ooh okay. Do you know when they will finish interviews and start making a decision?

Ooh okay. Do you know when they will finish interviews and start making a decision?
I don't know when they will finish interviews, but I'm thinking that they are done because I don't see anyone posting about them anymore. With making a decision, there's this day called "Discover MyHSC" on April 11th, which measurements of white coat are being taken that day. So my guess is that they're gonna have to make decisions before then.

I was placed on HOLD and just received my acceptance email!!

Reactions: 1 users
I interviewed jan. 20 and was put on the hold list. I emailed them to see where I stand, and they said I was "near the bottom" of the list. It was a bit disheartening to hear that but I got accepted feb. 20. Don't give up guys.
I think you were at 50-75% . Does this mean they are getting to the lower quatile of the list ?!? Sigh! I need a miracle!

Hi has anyone made a Facebook group for this years class. I will be down to make it if no one else has!

Has anyone who is accepted received any information regarding immunization, drug screening, and background check?

okay it seems like i have to add one person as a friend to make the group. any takers? give me your full name and ill add you!

Has anyone who is accepted received any information regarding immunization, drug screening, and background check?

No, so far I've been notified of the Discover myHSC Day.