UNT System College of Pharmacy Class of 2019

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi. The UNTHSC pharmacy class page has been made. Just type "UNTHSC Pharmacy Class of 2019" and I will add you! I will update and make a picture for it later today. so far it is just me and Aundrea :) Looking forward to collaborating together!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi. The UNTHSC pharmacy class page has been made. Just type "UNTHSC Pharmacy Class of 2019" and I will add you! I will update and make a picture for it later today. so far it is just me and Aundrea :) Looking forward to collaborating together!
I cannot seem to find it on Facebook.. Will you add me? My name is Keeley Stone

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi, everyone

Anyone from P2 can answer this question? thank
During P1 summer there is PHAR 7229 IPPE 3 Community Practice. anyone know how long will be this IPPE? ( Is it from May to August?). and what location I can choose for my IPPE?

For this IPPE is base on pass and fail grade or it is Letter Grade( A,B,C)?

I decided on another school and gave up my seat. Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 1 user
I had my interview on Jan 6th and was placed on hold. I just got an acceptance email today. Good luck to all of you on-hold. I'm pretty sure they're going through the hold list right now so keep your fingers crossed. I'll be seeing y'all in the Fall

I had my interview on Jan 6th and was placed on hold. I just got an acceptance email today. Good luck to all of you on-hold. I'm pretty sure they're going through the hold list right now so keep your fingers crossed. I'll be seeing y'all in the Fall
Can I ask what was ur place on hold list?

Prolly higher than mines :pirate:!! Congrats!!

hey guys, i had my interview on Jan 14, placed on hold on the Jan 28th, got my acceptance on Mar 9th....it was such nerve wrecking process i even had stopped visiting this site up until today . Best of luck for those of you still waiting :).

Does anybody know what to do after you send your enrollment papers and deposit in? I emailed UNT and they said to check under the requirements tab on PharmCAS, but I have no idea where that tab is!!

You mind me asking what your stats are?

Members don't see this ad :)
Happy to see ya all, I been reading some cconversations which is really interesting.
So quick question, I'm 1st year undergrad student just took 30 credit hrs so far. If u guys can give me a tip what to do next? I don't know when I have to apply & what minimum PGA should I have when I'm done from undergrad? And also some info about PCAT? ?

I interviewed jan. 20 and was put on the hold list. I emailed them to see where I stand, and they said I was "near the bottom" of the list. It was a bit disheartening to hear that but I got accepted feb. 20. Don't give up guys.
Congratulations,

@prePharm.
1st. Try to apply for EARLY DECISION/ ADMISSION - you'll have a higher chance of being accepted and you'll get the result earlier too
2nd. Look into Dr. Collin Notes ($400 ish, you can probably find an older version for much cheaper price) as Pcat study guide. I studied both the Kaplan and Dr. Collins and did extremely well on Math, Chem, and Bio. gL to you :oops:)

anyone else heard anything ? :oops:( the hold list is so random that I don't know what to think anymore, it doesn't follow any trend

@prePharm.
1st. Try to apply for EARLY DECISION/ ADMISSION - you'll have a higher chance of being accepted and you'll get the result earlier too
2nd. Look into Dr. Collin Notes ($400 ish, you can probably find an older version for much cheaper price) as Pcat study guide. I studied both the Kaplan and Dr. Collins and did extremely well on Math, Chem, and Bio. gL to you :oops:)

anyone else heard anything ? :oops:( the hold list is so random that I don't know what to think anymore, it doesn't follow any trend

I interviewed 1-16-15 and was put on hold 1-30-15, i e mailed them this week ,They said decisions are on going and it will be 2 or more months before they seat the class .

Reactions: 1 users
TWO or MORE months!
bright side....hope is still alive
down side....my nerves cant take the waiting!

I need help I was told to notify Pharmcas of my acceptance...how do i do that? I accepted the offer already with the school. Everything is turned in but I haven't received anything else. Did it take awhile to get any information?

I need help I was told to notify Pharmcas of my acceptance...how do i do that? I accepted the offer already with the school. Everything is turned in but I haven't received anything else. Did it take awhile to get any information?

That is weird. I didn't get told to notify Pharmcas of my acceptance. But one way you can check if UNT received your enrollment deposit and papers is to log in pharmcas.org, go to your application, on right hand side where it says "Status" click on "Supplemental Materials". It will say "Offer accepted" and the date when enrollment deposit was received. If it says that, then Pharmcas is aware of your acceptance offer. The only information I received since accepting offer was signing up and attending DiscoverHSC day April 11th and completing background check information.

That is weird. I didn't get told to notify Pharmcas of my acceptance. But one way you can check if UNT received your enrollment deposit and papers is to log in pharmcas.org, go to your application, on right hand side where it says "Status" click on "Supplemental Materials". It will say "Offer accepted" and the date when enrollment deposit was received. If it says that, then Pharmcas is aware of your acceptance offer. The only information I received since accepting offer was signing up and attending DiscoverHSC day April 11th and completing background check information.

Thank you!!!

They emailed me yesterday asking if I still wanted to be on the hold list but I already accepted an offer elsewhere so I gave up my position on the list. I was number 3. I think they're gonna start accepting people again.

They emailed me yesterday asking if I still wanted to be on the hold list but I already accepted an offer elsewhere so I gave up my position on the list. I was number 3. I think they're gonna start accepting people again.
How were you able to find out your exact ranking? Congrats and best of luck to you!

Hey class of 2019! Hope you guys are doing awesome! Has anyone been emailed about immunizations yet? Can't wait to meet you guys!

+pity++pity+I've been accepted!!! Please send me the fb link!!! +pity+

Reactions: 1 users
Congratulations to all of you on your acceptance. If there're any females looking for a roommate please let me know because am also currently looking for one. Looking forward to meeting all of you this fall :)

Has anyone gotten rejected or denied app review bc they didnt quite have 2/3 math/science prereqs completed by app time? Ive email them and was told to still apply, but im skeptical :/ im going into my sophomore year.

Has anyone gotten rejected or denied app review bc they didnt quite have 2/3 math/science prereqs completed by app time? Ive email them and was told to still apply, but im skeptical :/ im going into my sophomore year.
As long as you complete all pre-reqs before their "deadline". It varies from school to school. I believe UNT's is the end of the spring semester or summer 1 prior to the Fall you're entering. For example, if you're apply for the fall of 2016, then you have to have your pre-reqs completed by Spring/Summer 2016.

Hi Danielle,

It really depends on your situation, whether you should apply or not. Below is a link to the pre-reqs (specifically to UNTHSC - SCP):
https://www.unthsc.edu/college-of-pharmacy/prerequisite-coursework/

Not only are you required to complete the math and science prerequisites by the end of 2016 spring semester, but you must also complete all the general education requirements.
If I were in your position, before applying, I would layout the courses that I still need to complete and see if it will fit into a 2 semester session (maybe an additional winter class).

Hi Danielle,

It really depends on your situation, whether you should apply or not. Below is a link to the pre-reqs (specifically to UNTHSC - SCP):
https://www.unthsc.edu/college-of-pharmacy/prerequisite-coursework/

Not only are you required to complete the math and science prerequisites by the end of 2016 spring semester, but you must also complete all the general education requirements.
If I were in your position, before applying, I would layout the courses that I still need to complete and see if it will fit into a 2 semester session (maybe an additional winter class).
Okay thanks! I have it laid out and will have everything finished by the end of spring semester, I just didn't want to apply and not be accepted just because they thought that I wouldn't.

What are your stats?
3.5 GPA, depending on how chem 2 goes math/science 3.5 or 3.45
8 month pharm tech experience
40 volunteer hours ( not many, worked 35-40 hrs a week at the pharmacy)
Take my pcat in september for ED-- using doc collins
At least 2 good LOR's
Im just afraid of my app not being reviewed bc of not having 2/3 math/science prereqs done by September. Im take 15 hrs in fall and 15 in spring to be done in time if i get accepted.

Okay guys, i applied here 8/24. Still waiting on verification.
Do i have a chance? Here's my stats
cGPA: 3.54
sGPA: 3.4
PCAT (retaking) if i dont receive an interview: 40% (bummer)
1 year of pharm tech experience
LOR from pharmacist and 2 professors (good ones)
Roughly 70 hrs of volunteer and leadership experience.
What do you guys think my chances are of getting in?

Hi! So its really hard to tell you as a student what exactly they are looking for this year. You will be compared to many other applicants and not only on your stats but on the pharmcas essay as well. You meet all the requirements so you definitely have a chance! Stay positive!