Unusual situation...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

southpaux

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Personally I think your background probably does make you a better MD/PhD applicant than a MD only applicant. With all those publications, and ideally great recommentdations from top PI's you stand a better chance with MD/PhD committees. Although you still need enough clinical experience to really be able to explain why you want MD/PhD, and not just a PhD. I think your GPA isnt too bad, especially with the upward trend and so long as you explain it somwhere in your application. I might be a little worried about the MCAT, especially if you want to get into the top programs. You should consider retaking it this summer if you plan on reapplying. Getting a 33+ will probably make a big difference. I Hope that helps.

i've got to agree with WhiteRussian, there is certainly something to be said for being a better md/phd candidate then md. the mcat may be the only hurdle to get to the interviews, but once you are there, if you communicate your interest well you stand an excellent chance of at least getting into one strong program...but its tough to say which ones specifically that might be....all the best!

*than (not then) a little pet peeve, sorry i had to correct it