UOP Pre Dental Simulation Course 2012

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

herkulease

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone else here doing this?

I know its supposedly a small group of 60 but I can't be the only one here to that got selected.

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone else here doing this?

I know its supposedly a small group of 60 but I can't be the only one here to that got selected.

hey herkulease...

Glad you started this thread. I've been wanting to start a thread, but never got the chance to get on and start one. I got selected from the lottery as well. Are you from california?

hey herkulease...

Glad you started this thread. I've been wanting to start a thread, but never got the chance to get on and start one. I got selected from the lottery as well. Are you from california?

Yeah I'm from california. The Bay area to be exact, so it'll just be a short drive for me.

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh no way they have something like this? How did you guys sign up? I'd have loved to but I suppose I came too late to the party.

obviously its too late for this year but around late feb/early march check out their events calendar. they will post telling you when when you can register for lottery and when they'll tell you if you got in or not.

the course itself typically takes place towards the end of april.

obviously its too late for this year but around late feb/early march check out their events calendar. they will post telling you when when you can register for lottery and when they'll tell you if you got in or not.

the course itself typically takes place towards the end of april.

Definitely will do that next year. I am not going to be "in" till Fall anyway so it'll still be nice. Also Kevin PM'd me some other similar programs in the works so hopefully I can get on one of those instead (though they are not UoP or cali related). Well for the lucky few going, I hope you enjoy it!

I'll be there as well!

:)

I didn't get chosen in the lottery this time. Perhaps next year. In the meantime, does anybody know of similar simulation type courses offered by other dental schools? On the west coast (and AZ), or specifically, in california?

Does anyone know of programs like these on the east coast?

Is this the same day as Pacific Pride Day?

No. Its a week after but they have some similar elements like the tour and admissions stuff but that's about it. Oh and breakfast and lunch too.

Pacific Pride day is pretty much a tour of the school and people (mostly parents/alumni) trying to get the ear of the administrators for child or sibling. Its quiet funny. As soon as their is a break and you see a mad dash occur.

Maybe it was just that time I went but I suspect it happens all the time.

see you kids are both events

I just got taken off the wait list for the course (by lottery). I'm so excited to attend :) !

Can anybody who has attended before provide some general impressions of their experience?

where is everyone staying at from the list of hotels? i haven't decided yet, but should be getting one soon. it's going to be a great experience.

So how was the Dental Sim course at UOP, now that it's over? Any feeback?

So how was the Dental Sim course at UOP, now that it's over? Any feeback?

It was awesome... I had a great experience and learned a lot from the course. If you get to go next year I definitely recommend it.