Up for an internship

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Psychology_Intern101

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a Psychology student and I am up for a summer internship this upcoming summer through my college working for a non-profit organization that helps children stay out of the foster care system by placing them with family members that are willing to take them in and raise them since the biological parents are incapable of raising them . So my questing is what should I look forward to or look out for going into this internship

Members don't see this ad.

What things should I expect to see when i go into this internship since it is working with children specifically I know not to get my emotions to involved because we are suppose to be bias so I guess what im trying to ask is what good and bad things should i expect to come across

Members don't see this ad :)
What things should I expect to see when i go into this internship since it is working with children specifically I know not to get my emotions to involved because we are suppose to be bias so I guess what im trying to ask is what good and bad things should i expect to come across
Are you an undergraduate? Probably not much initially.

I will be helping out social workers when it comes to placing children with in homes where relatives will still be able to care for them and they wont have to go into the foster care system

I will be helping out social workers when it comes to placing children with in homes where relatives will still be able to care for them and they wont have to go into the foster care system

"helping out" doesn't clarify this.

Im going to be learning about what goes into placing children with relatives when they are taken away from their biological parents due to circumstances and placed with relatives

Im going to be learning about what goes into placing children with relatives when they are taken away from their biological parents due to circumstances and placed with relatives

I would suspect that you will be shadowing and not doing much yourself/independently.

I would expect you will see ****ty parents, lots of substance abuse, and some angry kids.

Reactions: 1 users