Up to Date Credit for ABFM Maintenance of Certification

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jakstat33

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anybody know how much up to date CME credit that I can use towards ABFM maintenance of certification CME credit?

I need to have 300 credits of CME in the 6 years prior to taking exam. Can all of these 300 credits come from up todate with is AMA Category I presscribed credit?

Members don't see this ad.

Yes, it can.

That being said, have you ever actually tried to get CME credit from UpToDate? You have to fill out a fairly involved survey for each hour of credit. You'll spend hours just doing that to get 150 hours of credit.

I use uptodate credit ALL THE TIME. It doesn't take that long. You do the survey, get the certificate for that month and submit. You just need to check your account (mine is with AOA) to see how much credit they give you.

Members don't see this ad :)
I use uptodate credit ALL THE TIME. It doesn't take that long. You do the survey, get the certificate for that month and submit. You just need to check your account (mine is with AOA) to see how much credit they give you.
Seriously? When I did it, the survey was for every article I claimed as CME.