Upcoming GI Fellowship cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gastrogirl84

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I have been lurking on this site for a few years now and have found a lot of the advice to be very helpful from members who have posted. As the new GI season approaches, I was wondering if you all could give me some feedback regarding my application. I am an IMG but US citizen, completed residency at a community hospital, have spent the last year working as a hospitalist but have managed to publish about 8 GI-related pub-med indexed articles as well as present at ACG and DDW(one of them being a lecture presentation). I am also starting a hepatology year which I hope will open some doors. I am board-certified as well which I hope will offset my average board scores. I was wondering what those who have gone through the process think about my application and what can I do from now until applications to improve, if anything? I did apply last season and received only 1 interview, so I am obviously apprehensive about this season even though I have done a lot to try to improve my chances this past year.

Any feedback is welcomed.

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Hello,

I have been lurking on this site for a few years now and have found a lot of the advice to be very helpful from members who have posted. As the new GI season approaches, I was wondering if you all could give me some feedback regarding my application. I am an IMG but US citizen, completed residency at a community hospital, have spent the last year working as a hospitalist but have managed to publish about 8 GI-related pub-med indexed articles as well as present at ACG and DDW(one of them being a lecture presentation). I am also starting a hepatology year which I hope will open some doors. I am board-certified as well which I hope will offset my average board scores. I was wondering what those who have gone through the process think about my application and what can I do from now until applications to improve, if anything? I did apply last season and received only 1 interview, so I am obviously apprehensive about this season even though I have done a lot to try to improve my chances this past year.

Any feedback is welcomed.

Thanks.
I think you will be fine. I went down your road and finally secured a GI fellowship

Reactions: 1 user
Thank you! I hope so. It's pretty nerve wracking because I personally known some folks who went the transplant hep route and didn't end up matching. If you don't mind me asking, how many interviews did you get the season you matched?

Members don't see this ad :)
gastogirl84, how is it going? I have a very similar background, didn't match with only 2 interviews. Did match day go in your favor? Would love some advice, thanks!