Upcoming interviews and wait lists

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mofresh

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Interviewing at cspm this week and ksucpm this week what should I expect? What's good and bad about each? Excluding the cost of living and tuition and board passing

Got wait listed at azpod for an interview what are my chances of getting an interview

Members don't see this ad.

Interviews are mostly all the same. You will get a tour of the school, get a presentation of what the school offers, each lunch/meet with student ambassadors, see the clinic (if possible), and lastly the interview (not exactly in this order, but something similar). I suggest getting a feel for the type of questions they may ask you. There is an interview feedback on sdn, where students post the questions they were asked during their interview. If this is your first time interviewing, I suggest looking over them.

I am not sure about the waitlist. I am assuming they are going to continue interviewing candidates and if there is enough space, they might give you one (that's how it was for midwestern's BMS program). Since they have around 30 seats, the chances aren't that great (but if you do get it, then congrats!)

In terms of what is good and bad about schools, that is ultimately your choice. everyone has a different preference and might disagree on certain things. I've seen people choose based on academics, clinical experience, cheaper costs (who wouldn't love less loans), or even just the location (pretty nice weather in CA, compared to OH). However, keep in mind that in the end, you can be a podiatrist from any school. I suggest comparing info on their websites and see which school would be better for you ( you can also check out the "AACPMAS 2015-2016 Cycle" thread. There are some posts about why some people chose one school over another). Once you go interview at the schools, you should get some feel of the pros and cons.

Off the top of my head, I heard the KSUCPM's clinical experience is slow. For CSPM, I know that they allow students to obtain clinical experience a lot earlier compared to other schools (not too sure when KSUCPM throws in clinical experience. I don't remember seeing their curriculum). Unfortunately, that's all I know about those schools.

Reactions: 1 user