Upcoming Naplex

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rphgrad15

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
My Naplex is for the upcoming Tuesday and I Am trying to stay calm. (Which isn't work well) any word of advices from anyone who has taken it recently?

I've failed my Naplex the first time in July, so now I'm hoping that I don't make the same mistakes. But with the new compounding stuff, I don't buy any new material from RX prep, the cost was just wayyy too much just to watch that video. Everything I have learned is jumbling around my head.

I still have 2 days to study. Any word of advice? How I should crash study every chapter? Math I feel pretty ok on. Not so much with biostats or research stuff. Compounding I hope won't be so awful.

Any advice or even prayers for me would be deeply appreciated. ❤️

Members don't see this ad.

My Naplex is for the upcoming Tuesday and I Am trying to stay calm. (Which isn't work well) any word of advices from anyone who has taken it recently?

I've failed my Naplex the first time in July, so now I'm hoping that I don't make the same mistakes. But with the new compounding stuff, I don't buy any new material from RX prep, the cost was just wayyy too much just to watch that video. Everything I have learned is jumbling around my head.

I still have 2 days to study. Any word of advice? How I should crash study every chapter? Math I feel pretty ok on. Not so much with biostats or research stuff. Compounding I hope won't be so awful.

Any advice or even prayers for me would be deeply appreciated. ❤️

I will pray for you seriously. Don't worry you will pass. I will be retaking mine too next month. My first attempt was August but i started reading for d retake September. I can imagine how you feel! I have heard from so many who took this month that it's not different from precious except more compounding and questions from everywhere. You can only do your part which you have done so . God will crowd your efforts with success. If you are being nervous, it helps to look at yourself in the mirror and speak out that you have gone through worst time at school and made it this far; therefore you will conquer NAPLEX too. I do that a lot and it works. Confessing out loudly. Wish you success and may God grant you retentive memory and calmness as you seat for the exam in Jesus Name. Amen! Pls keep me posted as in how the exam was.

concentrate on calculation part especially rounding up final answer. brand generic is must know to pass. hopefully u will do well.

I will pray for you seriously. Don't worry you will pass. I will be retaking mine too next month. My first attempt was August but i started reading for d retake September. I can imagine how you feel! I have heard from so many who took this month that it's not different from precious except more compounding and questions from everywhere. You can only do your part which you have done so . God will crowd your efforts with success. If you are being nervous, it helps to look at yourself in the mirror and speak out that you have gone through worst time at school and made it this far; therefore you will conquer NAPLEX too. I do that a lot and it works. Confessing out loudly. Wish you success and may God grant you retentive memory and calmness as you seat for the exam in Jesus Name. Amen! Pls keep me posted as in how the exam was.

Hey Shire4,

I know it's been a while but I would like to thank you for you prayers. After reading it, I honestly felt more calm. So thank you for that. As an update, I passed the naplex! God is good. I am also now an active licensed pharmacist.

The Exam:
Basically, it's the same as what everyone been saying recently. For me though I found that they were concentrated in just a few diseases. ALL of my questions was based off of patient profiles. Some questions will also ask questions that's not directly related to the case but is shown on the same screen of the patient's case. I would advise to take a pre-naplex to just test out the format.

Make sure to read questions first before answering. Most of my patients were based on HTN, Thyorids, Renal Function, as in looking at your current medication and RF. I would say, understand your HTN, DM, Osteoporosis treatment options. Know you brands/generic. I missed 1/2 questions of this. There was quite a few of cancer therapy questions, I also got math questions from cancer therapy and honestly I didn't know how to solve it so I put in any number and moved on. Basic math questions, to me was pretty simple and quick. DONT double guess your answers. Very easy stuff to mEq, Crcl, BMI. I would say make sure you master RXPREP math tests. For cancer, I would concentrate and the chemo man in the reprep book and know what to do when those complications occurred. Overall on cancer, is there are samples in the rx book to calculate a dose, do it over and over. Also Review PAIN chapter

STATS and research. Definitely know this chapter in the rx prep, I did get quite a bit of math question regarding this chapters. actually ALOT. so definitely know how to do the math in this chapter. (I didn't know if what I was doing was right but I went with it and moved on)

Word of advance, don't stare at the same questions too long. If you dont know, chose the best one and move on. I messed up on my first time and failed, this time I definitely fixed my mistake. If you get a math question you dont understand, put in what you think it is and go to the next one. The goal is to finish the exam.
Anything else, please dm! i hope your studies goes well.