Update about future shadowing?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WriterGirl31

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all! I'm new here. :hello:

I have recently been told I am to be published as third author of a manuscript (yay!) in a microbiology journal, and I am writing an update letter for the medical schools that are still considering me. While I know this is information the schools should have, I'm wondering if I should include in the letter that I've begun the process of observing a physician at the hospital where I volunteer. I am in the paperwork/background check phase that comes before I can actually start shadowing, but I don't know how long it may take before I actually get any hours under my belt. Would it be better not to mention this or to put in a small comment about it?

The other option, I suppose, is to wait a bit... but I'm worried this late in the game that not updating with at least the publication news could work against me.

Thanks muchly!

WriterGirl

Members don't see this ad.

For schools that welcome updates (and not all do) this will be fine.

I have recently been told I am to be published as third author of a manuscript (yay!) in a microbiology journal, and I am writing an update letter for the medical schools that are still considering me.

This is absolutely worthless.
While I know this is information the schools should have, I'm wondering if I should include in the letter that I've begun the process of observing a physician at the hospital where I volunteer.