Updating ERAS after applications are submitted

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

labrat10

Resident
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I plan to submit my ERAS application the first week of September and I understand that LORs, Step 2 scores, and new transcripts can be uploaded after the application has been submitted. However, when is considered "too late"? I will be applying to Medicine prelim programs and will not have a Medicine LOR until end of November and my grade for the Medicine Sub-I will not be available until then also. Do programs update applicant's materials on a regular basis until end of interview season? Will they continue to get updates even after I have an interview?

Members don't see this ad.

Do programs update applicant's materials on a regular basis until end of interview season? Will they continue to get updates even after I have an interview?

Yes, they do. Mostly because people keep taking Step 2 through that time and update their score reports for rank list purposes. Though your school might not update with your sub-I grade, and if you interview prior to your LOR going in, they might not print it out and use it.