Updating Grades on AMCAS Application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

alexandria

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I applying to MD schools this June but I may take a science class in the summer that ends at the end of July. I don't want to wait until after the class is over to submit my AMCAS application. Does anyone know if we can update the application and add the class? I checked the AMCAS website, but it was not clear whether or not a new class could be added.

Members don't see this ad.

I applying to MD schools this June but I may take a science class in the summer that ends at the end of July. I don't want to wait until after the class is over to submit my AMCAS application. Does anyone know if we can update the application and add the class? I checked the AMCAS website, but it was not clear whether or not a new class could be added.
No, you can't update schools with new grades through AMCAS, though you can with AACOMAS if you are also applying to DO med schools. Update letters to schools that allow them would be your only recourse for MD schools, but though they'd be aware of the grade, a new GPA would not be calculated for you.

Reactions: 1 user