Updating my application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kurite

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Im currently filling out letters for my primary application which I have already submitted. It keeps asking me to update my application after each letter I add but I havent assigned a school yet. Do I actually need to update it already or should I just wait until Im completely done with all of my letters. Will it delay anything if I dont update?

Members don't see this ad.

Im currently filling out letters for my primary application which I have already submitted. It keeps asking me to update my application after each letter I add but I havent assigned a school yet. Do I actually need to update it already or should I just wait until Im completely done with all of my letters. Will it delay anything if I dont update?

If you don't update it, when it logs you out after a while for inactivity your newly added letters will not be saved. Updating takes about 10 seconds and doesn't change your application status.
You should be able to add all the letters and then update, as long as you do it all in one log-in session. Just click back to the home page between each letter.

Okay thank you, but I am currently waiting for my application to be reviewed by amcas. This wont delay the review process will it? Also before I go through the whole updating process it says,

"You may not change, correct, or update selected parts of the application as outlined in the AMCAS instructions once it has been submitted to AMCAS. You must enter your password to indicate your acceptance of these conditions.'

But all I have done so far is fill out the request forms and I have not actually submitted my letters yet. Does it matter? Can I still edit the forms if I have to? I can still submit the letters as well correct?

Thanks again