Updating your application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

xTiggerx

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

I'm new to the forum!! *waves* So I've been working for the last two months in research and would like to update my application at various schools to include this bit of information... but I'm not sure how to do this? Does anybody know? Thanks for your help! :oops:

Members don't see this ad.

I had to update my application with 8 EC's that I forgot/didnt know to put on my application. I called a couple of schools, they said to write a letter.... I put them in "AMCAS style", i.e, look how the amcas lists EC's, and do it in that format...

How should I go about phrasing the letter? "Dear Admissions Office" or "To whom it may concern" or do I need to address a person?

Sorry for asking lame questions.. just want to save myself from sounding stupid on a letter that will go in my file so I'll just sound stupid here =)

Members don't see this ad :)
xTiggerx said:
How should I go about phrasing the letter? "Dear Admissions Office" or "To whom it may concern" or do I need to address a person?

Sorry for asking lame questions.. just want to save myself from sounding stupid on a letter that will go in my file so I'll just sound stupid here =)

Don't feel stupid, I was 'agonizing' over that as well. I did Dear Admissions Office for some, and Dear Admissions Committee for others. Both are fine, I think.

If you really want to look as if you've done your homework, address the envelope to the Dean of Admissions by name. This means a separate letter to every school but it shows that you care and that you've taken the time. The Dean will put the letter in your file and the adcom will see it and they'll see that you took the time to figure out the Dean's name.