Upenn 2014 IVs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
congrats Daaru, this show they done with Iv , is that so? can U share ur statues please appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

congrats Daaru, this show they done with Iv , is that so? can U share ur statues please appreciated.
Thanks Savvy.

I am not sure if they still be sending i.v.'s. Because the slots usually fill up quickly and they are quite organized people there. But, again, you never know and I am not working in the office there, so don't lose any hope.
Part 1,2, 102, 3.66, 6 yrs North American Exp.

@daaru Congratulations and wish you all the best for future!

Do you mind sharing your detailed interview experience at UPenn? Specifically, could you please share following

1) What exactly is the writing exercise? How are we supposed to write (Pen/paper vs. computer typing)? What are the topics like? How long should the write up be (words / lines etc.) and how much time is given? How did you prepare for it?

2) About interview itself - I know there will be 2 interviews. Could you please elaborate each? How were the questions? Was it Q/A format or was it more casual conversation?

3) Did you carry any original documents? If yes, which?

Anything more you are willing to share would be highly appreciated.

Congratulations once again!

Members don't see this ad :)
Guys... I got an application complete email from upenn on 2nd July and didn't hear anything from them after that. When I called them, they said no decision has been made yet. So should I be positive about it or should I leave hopes? Anyone in the same boat?

same here Drindia, as I mention my completion is on july 15.......... when did u call them?

I feel drindia rite know we should pray and be positive ........I really don't what they r up to......
gud luck

I got rejection from upenn...today...
Hi... Sorry about that... Could you please tell me when you received application complete email. This is just to estimate the approximate time for my result.

Hi... Sorry about that... Could you please tell me when you received application complete email. This is just to estimate the approximate time for my result.
July15.....was my completion

Members don't see this ad :)
I got accepted last Wednesday...YAY dentistro... congratss.. see you at Upenn..

Last edited:
Thank you! Nbde 1,2, toefl 95, 2 years dentist, 6 years dental assistant usa, 1 year community service

Reactions: 1 user
Thank you! Nbde 1,2, toefl 95, 2 years dentist, 6 years dental assistant usa, 1 year community service

Congratulations @Dentistro

Do you mind sharing your detailed interview experience at UPenn? I have my interview scheduled later this month.

1) What exactly is the writing exercise? How are we supposed to write (Pen/paper vs. computer typing)? What are the topics like? How long should the write up be (words / lines etc.) and how much time is given? How did you prepare for it?

2) About interview itself - I know there will be 3 interviews. Could you please elaborate each? How were the questions? Was it Q/A format or was it more casual conversation?

Congratulations @Dentistro

Do you mind sharing your detailed interview experience at UPenn? I have my interview scheduled later this month.

2) About interview itself - I know there will be 3 interviews. Could you please elaborate each? How were the questions? Was it Q/A format or was it more casual conversation?

Hi....Congrats for your interview....Could you please tell me when you got the invite, when is your interview, when you got your application complete email and if there are still any more batches left. Sorry for asking too many questions. I am just curious about my result.

Hi K9 congrats for ur interview, pls answer the above question appreciated, even I am looking for results.
thanks

Hi....Congrats for your interview....Could you please tell me when you got the invite, when is your interview, when you got your application complete email and if there are still any more batches left. Sorry for asking too many questions. I am just curious about my result.

Got the invite 2 weeks ago

Interview on 28th Oct

Completion date 15th July

Any more batches left? Honestly, I have no idea. Traditionally UPenn has invited people up to mid-Nov. I hope they do the same this year.

Curious about your result? I know the feeling. I was anxious too, until I got the email. But I think if we all keep calling the admissions office, we will only get the generic answer "it is under consideration". If the decision is made, they will email you immediately. Therefore, out of professional curtsy, I would seriously recommend not to call admissions office (once they have confirmed application completion). Not just at UPenn, but at any other school.

Please keep your hopes high. Wish you all best of luck!

hello,
UPenn interview:
Typically a day starts with all candidates(around 7) in one big room. You all will have your folders in front of you with your entire day schedule. There will be light breakfast too like juices, donuts and all. Shortly once everyone is in the room they will show you a presentation about school and it will be presented by the dean. after that you all will be given a chance to ask questions. Once this session is over you all will be asked to introduce yourself. a one minute presentation will be good enough and also in the end be courteous and wish everyone a good luck for that day and future endeavors. Then you all will be given a small lecture on financials and all loans etc. Then the interviews begin. each one of you will go to either the Dean, Ms Corky or the faculty.. the interviews will last 15-20 mins only. and after interviews u all will come again to that room and will have lunch with two of the students enrolled in the international PASS program. While you are in that room their students will come in and meet you.. everyone is super friendly... be jolly and meet everyone.. be courteous as well.. talk to everyone and have a big smile!! Then you all will have a tour and you will be off. About the interviews you will have three one on one interviews. All pretty personal questions.. they want to know you.. no ethical or clinical questions.. so don't worry they may ask you questions revolving around their questionnaire and your SOP. If you have anyother questions let me know. :) Good luck

Reactions: 3 users
Thank you...This is great information. What about the essay that we suppose to write? Which part of the interview they want us to write it?

the essay writing will be very simple and easy topics like your favorite season, favorite food, favorite personality etc.. there will be only one topic to write on and each batch gets a different essay topic. You will be given an essay to write AFTER the presentation and Before the interviews.

Reactions: 1 user
Thank you so much! These are very helpful information.

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:sorry but i have to do this banana dance ..:banana::banana::banana::banana:

Reactions: 2 users
Thanks Savvy.

I am not sure if they still be sending i.v.'s. Because the slots usually fill up quickly and they are quite organized people there. But, again, you never know and I am not working in the office there, so don't lose any hope.
Part 1,2, 102, 3.66, 6 yrs North American Exp.

Hi!
By 6 years North American experience,do you mean- countries other than US?

did anyone who was interviewed at upenn got rejection?

hello,
UPenn interview:
Typically a day starts with all candidates(around 7) in one big room. You all will have your folders in front of you with your entire day schedule. There will be light breakfast too like juices, donuts and all. Shortly once everyone is in the room they will show you a presentation about school and it will be presented by the dean. after that you all will be given a chance to ask questions. Once this session is over you all will be asked to introduce yourself. a one minute presentation will be good enough and also in the end be courteous and wish everyone a good luck for that day and future endeavors. Then you all will be given a small lecture on financials and all loans etc. Then the interviews begin. each one of you will go to either the Dean, Ms Corky or the faculty.. the interviews will last 15-20 mins only. and after interviews u all will come again to that room and will have lunch with two of the students enrolled in the international PASS program. While you are in that room their students will come in and meet you.. everyone is super friendly... be jolly and meet everyone.. be courteous as well.. talk to everyone and have a big smile!! Then you all will have a tour and you will be off. About the interviews you will have three one on one interviews. All pretty personal questions.. they want to know you.. no ethical or clinical questions.. so don't worry they may ask you questions revolving around their questionnaire and your SOP. If you have anyother questions let me know. :) Good luck

thank you very much for sharing, I have a question, do you think that we should be short and brief, straight to the point and talk less in the interview or they like it better when we go into a lot of details about our personal life, and if we talk more, do they get bored or start using small details against you?

Hi is there anyone who has got interview letter for the last week of oct or first week of nov?

Hi
Is anyone interviewing at Upenn on 28th October?

Finally much awaited acceptance from Upenn!

Reactions: 2 users
Hi ifg,
Congratulations on your acceptance and that is great news! Can you please tell me when was your interview and when did you receive the acceptance call from the school? Thanks in advance

hey...those who had interviews in upenn can you share your experience?