UPenn 2016 Interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yeah I wasn't expecting that quick response either.

Members don't see this ad.

Thank you everyone
Just be hopeful.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think they have stopped sending invites for june. They will start from august

Part 1,2
One year volunteering at 4 clinics
Some community work
6 months dental assistant
4.0 Gp
Gold medals
One year home country experience

OMG!!!
you really deserved this.. you are an awesome person for them.
All the very best.
Proud of you :)

Reactions: 1 user
OMG!!!
you really deserved this.. you are an awesome person for them.
All the very best.
Proud of you :)
Aww thank you
That's so sweet of you
Hopefully they will think the same way.
All the best for you too dear :)

Yeah I hope so :) ... But I am way beyond you :-/
need to give part 2.. hey can you help how to study for part 2? I am out of my college for 5 yrs now.. And really don't think that I remember anything from clinical years.
so what do you suggest? from where should I start? Kaplan lecture notes or from Mosby's review ? or from decks?
please let me know..
And this is a request frm me to all of the student who have given their part 2 pitch in..
Thanks a lot in advance

Yeah I hope so :) ... But I am way beyond you :-/
need to give part 2.. hey can you help how to study for part 2? I am out of my college for 5 yrs now.. And really don't think that I remember anything from clinical years.
so what do you suggest? from where should I start? Kaplan lecture notes or from Mosby's review ? or from decks?
please let me know..
And this is a request frm me to all of the student who have given their part 2 pitch in..
Thanks a lot in advance[/QUOTE
I am done with part 2 and believe me it is doable. i got my bds in 2005 so i can understand your position.
Go through decks deeply. exam will a lot be clinical based. for pharma use tufts notes as additional, mosby for patient management,asda sets - J,K,L,M,revision and revision.I found board busters helpful too. work on few additional topics like bisphosphonates, antibiotics guidelines pedo theories, radiographs of normal anatomy and of pathologies. I hope all these are helpful for you . All the best. I cleared my exam in 3.5 months with a little baby always around me so i hope you can do it too. :)

@mn2810
I am done with part 2 and believe me it is doable. i got my bds in 2005 so i can understand your position.
Go through decks deeply. exam will a lot be clinical based. for pharma use tufts notes as additional, mosby for patient management,asda sets - J,K,L,M,revision and revision.I found board busters helpful too. work on few additional topics like bisphosphonates, antibiotics guidelines pedo theories, radiographs of normal anatomy and of pathologies. I hope all these are helpful for you . All the best. I cleared my exam in 3.5 months with a little baby always around me so i hope you can do it too.

Members don't see this ad :)
Don't worry you can do it. I personally feel part 2 is a lot easier than part 1 because we have clinical work so now we can understand the basics.

I studied decks and mosby side by side for all subjects other than pharma. For pharma I just read tufts's notes. Other thing which really helped me were remembered questions on the nbde groups. I did them. I did past papers too those mentioned by dentgem. But definitely do those remembered questions files. A lot of stuff that is not given in decks and mosby Specially about patient management is in them. Best of luck :)

Aneone got Iv with application completion in June first week?

hey...those who had interviews in upenn can you share your experience?

Reactions: 1 users
I called the admission and there will be a writing test at the day of the interview!!!! So do you guys have any information what is it about?

I called the admission and there will be a writing test at the day of the interview!!!! So do you guys have any information what is it about?
The writing test is regarding your proficiency in English. You will be given to write a short essay on a common topic. - This is what I've heard from people who've been interviewed in previous batches.

Does anybody know if Upenn has sent out all/any invites for September yet?

Not yet, I believe they will send the invitations in August for September and October interviews

Not yet, I believe they will start to send the invitations in August for September.

how about mich guys? any idea if they will send more or not?

Going by the previous posts, last year Umich interviews went up till Sept, and interviews for Upenn for Sept were fully booked up in the first two weeks of July. I'm not sure about the trend this year. Hopefully everything turns out good.

does anybody knows when they do send acceptance or rejections letters?

Hello everyone,
Is there anyone who haven't received neither interview call nor rejection from UPenn yet?

i have not received i/v call yet or rejection notice...any idea if they will send more invites?

Hi nutellaandstars,
Completion date is may 7. What about urs ?

When will penn start next batch of iv invites?

I too didn't receive any updates yet

same here no update after completion email on may 27th

Their office is closed so cant ask Ms. Sharon. I recall that she told me that they ll resume interviews in Sept and Oct. Meaning they ll start sending invites in Aug