UPenn c/o 2018 applicants!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey guys! Just had my interview today and they said today is the last interview day they're doing. I thought i would pass the info along!
Did they say anything about when everyone should know by? Either accept or reject? I was put on hold status after my interview in February so just wondering.

Members don't see this ad.

No, the only info I got was when I asked my interviewers if today was there last day, and they said yes we are done interviewing

Just got the acceptance call! How do I get in the Facebook group?! Good luck to everyone still waiting to hear!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Finally the rejection email! I dorm even care! Just wanted to know already! I agree with what others said about them being extremely unprofessional, and just dangling some of us along until now! I mean even an email in February saying they were halfway through or indicating how many more seats they needed to fill or something ANYTHING, would've been much more professional and appreciated! I feel like they may have never even looked at my
application!

Reactions: 4 users
Got my rejection too today! I'm glad that I finally know because it allows me to get some closure and gives me a better idea about my plans for next year.

Reactions: 1 user
Did anyone else get an email telling them they were on "hold status"? And if so, has anyone been accepted/rejected after getting that email? I got mine right after my interview almost a month ago and I haven't heard anything since. Ugh! SO FRUSTRATING!

I was on hold since interviewing back in January, I JUST got an acceptance call today! Had fully assumed I was out and wasn't even considering Penn anymore. Guess I should throw them in my huge pro-con list.
Aaaaanyway, on the phone I mentioned how it had been so long I'd given up on them and she replied "oh no! Never give up hope!!" So I'd say go with that advice if you still are in limbo from them :)

Reactions: 1 users
Finally the rejection email! I dorm even care! Just wanted to know already! I agree with what others said about them being extremely unprofessional, and just dangling some of us along until now! I mean even an email in February saying they were halfway through or indicating how many more seats they needed to fill or something ANYTHING, would've been much more professional and appreciated! I feel like they may have never even looked at my
application!
eh, this sounds like sour grapes to me.

Penn is very upfront about their process. If you had NO chance you would have been declined much earlier. The fact that you get one of the end of the process rejections meant you were still in the running. Waiting sucks, but there are schools that announce later. Obviously you know the longer you wait, the smaller the chance is; I am not sure how giving you more information would have helped. You actually are NOT entitled to that information just because you want it.

I am sorry you weren't given a chance to interview, but that doesn't make Penn unprofessional. This is how rolling interviews work. I think it was even well explained in this thread.

edit: Hey, complain all you want, I would never stop someone from complaining, but calling people unprofessional is unwarranted.

Yes, few schools give you updates throughout the application process unless you call and ask them directly. In the original email that confirms receipt of your application, Penn specifically said their interview process takes four months, from December to March. So I didn't find it unprofessional, just frustrating, since a few of us spent an extra week in limbo even though they had actually completed interviews.

Reactions: 2 users
^ Agreed. I was rejected so am not, by any means, being a goody two shoes, but they did clearly state their procedure in that November email. Tensions run high during the process (I was a borderline lunatic), but not one school that I applied to sent "updates". If I wanted an update, I called or emailed. Besides, I learned from others on this forum that UPenn notoriously keeps many waiting until the very end, so I expected it. Frustrating? Hell yes. Unprofessional? I didn't think so.

The students that were involved in interview day usually send out an email in a week or so with the details.
Thanks! Any idea how long it took for accepted students to receive their package via snail mail?

Sorry to be a bother - I just sent in my acceptance to Penn! I haven't been invited to the facebook group and can't seem to find it - but could someone link me? My name is Colette Friedenson - or you could put a link here? Thanks!

Sorry to be a bother - I just sent in my acceptance to Penn! I haven't been invited to the facebook group and can't seem to find it - but could someone link me? My name is Colette Friedenson - or you could put a link here? Thanks!

Give it some time. It might take a little while as it's sent out by the students and both classes have a few exams coming up. Also, the group is closed, so I'm not sure members who aren't administrators of the group can invite other students.

Oh, ok - got it! I'll be patient. Good luck on any exams that you have!

Penn told me that I'm still wait listed for this year, but if I don't make it in off of the wait list for c/o 2018 then I will automatically be accepted for c/o 2019 and I don't have to reapply. Has anyone ever heard of this happening? I'm totally happy with that since I was going to reapply anyway. Just wondering if it has ever happened to anyone else. I thought it was too good to be true....

Hello there everyone!

I noticed that no one started a thread yet for Penn, so I thought I'd get one started so people can post any questions they might have.

I just started me 2nd year, so I can answer questions well up until this point. I'm focused on small animal/exotics, but if you have any questions related to NBC I can ask around and hopefully get an answer for you. There are also a few students in the upper years that pop on from time to time that may help with some questions too.

And dont' be afraid to contact the admissions office! They're friendly and super helpful.

Good luck!

Do you mind sharing your admission stats with us?