UPenn c/o 2018 applicants!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Haha that's so funny! I'm glad that I got to meet you! Good luck to you, too! :)
how was your interview? What was it like? Everyone who interviewed can you add feedback on the interview feedback page please :) super nervous for my interview

Members don't see this ad.

OMG watched this a few days ago! Definitely not a confidence booster!! haha
Right????!!!! Hahaha I interviewed at a school recently and when the decision process was being explained to me, it sounded exactly like how the movie did it - one adcom defends you and they vote. I was thinking, "OMG. ADMISSION IS FOR REALZ!" I need a Tina Fey on my side :hungover:ying:

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Right????!!!! Hahaha I interviewed at a school recently and when the decision process was being explained to me, it sounded exactly like how the movie did it - one adcom defends you and they vote. I was thinking, "OMG. ADMISSION IS FOR REALZ!" I need a Tina Fey on my side :hungover:ying:

HAHA. I love how in the movies she pictures the kids as like kneeling on the floor begging and then they get dropped down into a hole when they are rejected. That's totally me at Penn like "please accept me!!" hahahaaa. And then of course all the kids in that movie are super amazing with above 4.0 and five trillion extra-curriculars and volunteer hours and they still get rejected -_-

Reactions: 1 users
how was your interview? What was it like? Everyone who interviewed can you add feedback on the interview feedback page please :) super nervous for my interview

I had a really super laid back interview; it really felt more like a discussion than anything else. No grilling, just easy conversation. Everyone was so SO nice - I was super impressed. You'll be fine :) Don't stress out too much (I know, easier said than done haha).

Aside from the general atmosphere, it's the most "normal" interview I've had so far. Know some stuff about yourself like why you want to be a vet and what you want to do, and then know some of the super common "sample vet interview" questions - convenience euthanasia, animal testing whatevs. It was honestly the interview I had with the most expected questions. :)

Hey! I still haven't heard anything from Penn but am dying to find out if there are still some interviews. Anybody know if there's still hope? Or does anyone know about how many people they interview compared to total applicants? Thanks a million! Congrats to everyone interviewed and/or accepted!

People who interviewed - does everyone get a call the week after, or ONLY the acceptances?

Is there anyone current Penn LA/equine who can help me with my New Bolton internship housing woes? I have no idea where to look for housing, which towns crackheads live in, etc. If there is anyone who could shed some insight or who knows of someone vacating a kitty friendly studio/1br in June, I would be considerably obliged. PM me, I suppose. Gracias.

Hey, there are PLENTY of crackheads in philly. West Philly isn't the greatest of places.
There are plenty of crack addicts everywhere. Even amongst politicians.
I was raised in a bad neighborhood (aka the "ghetto") so it just seemed like a strange/sheltered statement to me. I was just teasing. Sorta.

Members don't see this ad :)
There are plenty of crack addicts everywhere. Even amongst politicians.
I was raised in a bad neighborhood (aka the "ghetto") so it just seemed like a strange/sheltered statement to me. I was just teasing. Sorta.
Sheltered? More like been there, done that, would prefer less 4am house raids next door to where I live.

It's really hard to tell what kind of neighborhoods places are by looking at craigslist. I get suspicious when rent prices seem affordable.

Then you should understand that generalizing a town by what types of drug addicts live there may be misconstrued.

Now, its those "people of Wal-Mart" that you gotta watch out for. :wink: lol

Then you should understand that generalizing a town by what types of drug addicts live there may be misconstrued.

Now, its those "people of Wal-Mart" that you gotta watch out for. :wink: lol
You may be over analyzing. You probably should understand that generalizing a town by the kind of shopping they do and the articles of clothing they may or may not wear may be misconstrued.

Take a joke. I was using sarcasm to make a point.

Take a joke. I was using sarcasm to make a point.
You kinda aren't good at recognizing it in return. Godspeed.

Anyways, return to your normal admissions talk. Anyone with New Bolton housing insights can PM me if they so desire.

I like how you assume that quantized wanted to know where crackheads were to AVOID them....maybe she's looking for a fix to help her get through internship, YOU NEVER KNOW

Reactions: 4 users
People who interviewed - does everyone get a call the week after, or ONLY the acceptances?
Everyone is notified the week after, as far as I can tell (I am "on hold" and got an email telling me on the Monday after my interview).

Omg literally sitting in class staring at my phone today. STOP

JUST GOT AN ACCEPTANCE CALL!!!!!!!!! CRYING IN MY SCHOOL LIBRARY CAFE

Reactions: 7 users
Congrats brightimpressio and bluesails! I was at LA day (IS) and haven't heard anything...I'm worried they are done calling people. I'm too nervous to study for my exam tomorrow, I'm just staring at my phone!

I've got my fingers crossed for you, farmgirl1992!

Congrats brightimpressio and bluesails! I was at LA day (IS) and haven't heard anything...I'm worried they are done calling people. I'm too nervous to study for my exam tomorrow, I'm just staring at my phone!

Everyone gets called at different times. Sometimes up to 2 weeks. My best advice is to avoid checking SDN and wait until they contact to you directly. You'll drive yourself mad if you compare yourself to everyone else.

If I haven't heard anything whatsoever from Penn and have not been notified of an interview, is it safe to assume I will be getting a rejection? Or is this Friday the last day to be notified? I'm IS, but not very hopeful at this point. :(

I'm OOS and just got a call for an interview invitation on March 14th so keep hopes up!

Reactions: 6 users
Yup - got a phone call yesterday afternoon and they said an email will follow in a couple days.

JUST GOT AN ACCEPTANCE CALL!!!!!!!!! CRYING IN MY SCHOOL LIBRARY CAFE

Congrats, bluesails! I was so excited when I got the call that I forgot if he mentioned if we'd be getting an email. I thought that he did but now I think I'm going crazy haha.

I remember him saying we'd get something by snail mail!

Has anyone new received an invitation to interview?

No don't lose hope. they might not have even read ours yet. it's not over till its over. As long as we havent been rejected we still have a chance :)

Reactions: 5 users
No don't lose hope. they might not have even read ours yet. it's not over till its over. As long as we havent been rejected we still have a chance :)
Maybe the stack of apps is alphabetical...my last name starts with a W!! :) maybe they just haven't read mine yet!! Hahahaha

Just got my acceptance call! So excited to move to Philly. Good luck to all those still waiting to hear!

Reactions: 2 users
So jealous guys! Congrats ! My interview is tomorrow

People who were around on the large animal day, did any of you copy down the emails the Student Ambassadors wrote on the board? I was the last interviewee so I was so tense the whole time I forgot to do it. I would love to get in touch with some of the students we met and if someone could pm me some emails that would be fantastic.

Also, do any 2017's or earlier have any advice on where to live?

a) Congrats & I'm so excited to meet you all!

b) Not a 2017, but I've been in the apartment search for a few weeks (and signed my lease yesterday!) and these were helpful:
http://www.rentci.com/gapsa-landlord-survey/survey-landlords-list?np=&so=alpha
http://offcampushousing.upenn.edu/auth/login/message/ (you can set up a guest account)

Thanks, Cheerio! Do you know when they're going to set up the c/o 2018 facebook page? I know apparently a lot of upperclassmen list their apartments on their facebook pages.

Thanks, Cheerio! Do you know when they're going to set up the c/o 2018 facebook page? I know apparently a lot of upperclassmen list their apartments on their facebook pages.
The Facebook page is already up! I think the student ambassadors will invite you to join it soon (I'm assuming you've been accepted already). I've seen a couple of housing posts already. :)