UPenn c/o 2020 applicants!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Lol cause I'm a big baby hahaha.
I feel ya! I want to just know already but yikes definitely don't want to call lol

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
I'm an OOS average applicant (maybe slightly below average grade wise due to unfortunate health circumstances that were obviously out of my control) and haven't heard anything at all either. I'm two rejections deep so, not to be pessimistic, but I don't know how well this could possibly go.. Fingers crossed you all get good news!

Quick questions:

For those that have interviewed, if our significant other is with us, where are they allowed to stay during the day? I'm assuming they can't be around us at all lol.

How soon after the interview have people been hearing?

Members don't see this ad :)
Quick questions:

For those that have interviewed, if our significant other is with us, where are they allowed to stay during the day? I'm assuming they can't be around us at all lol.

People not being interviewed have to fend for themselves. All the interview day stuff was just for applicants. I got the acceptance phone call the Monday afternoon after my interview.

People not being interviewed have to fend for themselves. All the interview day stuff was just for applicants. I got the acceptance phone call the Monday afternoon after my interview.

I just got my interview invitation today! I was beginning to get paranoid, I'm so relieved! :D

Reactions: 4 users
OMG YESS my life is complete invite for the 12th!:highfive:

Reactions: 3 users
Quick questions:

In the past, they'd have to do there own thing. But the campus is really pretty and there is a ton to browse and plenty of good places to eat in the immediate area. And getting to Center City is super easy too.

Me too! Invite for the 12th! Got it at 9:01pm! The one time today I checked my email NOT looking for something from Penn. Ecstatic.

Reactions: 2 users
Do we find out which group we're in (for interview purposes) the day of? I don't see a specific time in my email...

Do we find out which group we're in (for interview purposes) the day of? I don't see a specific time in my email...

It's based on the time that your email says, morning group it says to arrive there at 8:15 am (I think? I was in the afternoon), and afternoon group it says to arrive at 11:45 :) congrats everyone!!

When I spoke to admissions yesterday, they did say that Feb 12th is the last scheduled interview day, but due to cancellations and whatnot, they'll be inviting people up until that day if need be.

Anyone have any recommendations for a cheap hotel close to campus like around a 10 min drive? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
When I spoke to admissions yesterday, they did say that Feb 12th is the last scheduled interview day, but due to cancellations and whatnot, they'll be inviting people up until that day if need be.

Oh, wow, scary. Didn't realize it was the last. D:

I just got my interview invitation today! I was beginning to get paranoid, I'm so relieved! :D
No invite here :/. Congrats everyone who has got invites but looks like this is the end of the road for me and penn.

No invite here :/. Congrats everyone who has got invites but looks like this is the end of the road for me and penn.
Me either. Try not to be too down on yourself.. I started a thread "Denied by Reapplying" so us rejects ( :p ) can connect/lend support/look at reapplying if you're interested. Best of luck to you! Keep your head up!

You never know. Someone may get accepted somewhere else and cancel their interview, opening a spot for you. It's not over until Feb 12th

Anyone have any recommendations for a cheap hotel close to campus like around a 10 min drive? Thanks!

I've offered in the past, and will again - for anyone interviewing, to stay at my place. I'm a ten minute walk from campus and I won't charge you :) I live with my bf so there aren't a bunch of people in the house, but you'd need to sleep on a couch.

I've offered in the past, and will again - for anyone interviewing, to stay at my place. I'm a ten minute walk from campus and I won't charge you :) I live with my bf so there aren't a bunch of people in the house, but you'd need to sleep on a couch.
Wait I am so down for the couch! Is there a place to park my car? Thanks for the offer!

You will have to pay her by helping her water her large collection of orchids! And entertaining her crazy kitten.

You will have to pay her by helping her water her large collection of orchids! And entertaining her crazy kitten.

Ugh I wonder how many more I will have brought in by then :( orchid hoarders. the struggle is real :(

Reactions: 1 user
Hope everyone on the east coast is surviving the snow alright. I was wondering if anyone had any experience with the hold status. I interviewed two weekends ago and was alerted on Tuesday that I was on hold, so not great news, but not a no (yet)! I was wondering if it was typical to hear after the following week's interviews, or generally not until the tail end of the interview process. I appreciate any insights! Thanks!

When I interviewed on Friday they said Feb. 12th is when hold people would find out

Totally anxious about the potential phone call tomorrow. Fingers crossed for everyone else who is hoping to hear as well.

Totally anxious about the potential phone call tomorrow. Fingers crossed for everyone else who is hoping to hear as well.

I was dying inside waiting for than damn call... Worst part was that I missed the call on Monday and they decided to wait until Tuesday to try to get back to me. I was unpleasant during that time interval, to say the least (according to my better half :rolleyes:).

I was dying inside waiting for than damn call... Worst part was that I missed the call on Monday and they decided to wait until Tuesday to try to get back to me. I was unpleasant during that time interval, to say the least (according to my better half :rolleyes:).

I started classes today and only had one this morning so I am glued to my phone for the rest of the day. I am determined not to miss anything!

I interviewed Friday with a different person and have not heard. If you scroll backward in the posts, looks like no's and hold's got calls too, if I'm reading it correctly.

I was under the impression hold's and no's got emails a day or two later, but I could definitely be wrong? Some people also got phone calls a little late though it seems, so I wouldn't say it's over for all of you still waiting. For anyone else who is interested, my friend got a phone call from Dr. Ferguson this morning with an acceptance.

Did anyone that missed a call at least get a VM saying they missed it?
I have no cell service at work whatsoever (I know, I know, this sounds crazy to some!).

I was under the impression hold's and no's got emails a day or two later, but I could definitely be wrong? Some people also got phone calls a little late though it seems, so I wouldn't say it's over for all of you still waiting. For anyone else who is interested, my friend got a phone call from Dr. Ferguson this morning with an acceptance.
Same... :D xD

Just wondering...did those of you who interviewed with Dr. Ferguson have a focus on large animal and those that interviewed with Dr. Eigner have a focus on small animal - or are interviewers and interviewees randomly matched?

Just wondering...did those of you who interviewed with Dr. Ferguson have a focus on large animal and those that interviewed with Dr. Eigner have a focus on small animal - or are interviewers and interviewees randomly matched?
I'm not strictly large animal and Dr. Ferguson mainly asked about some of my small animal experiences. I think it's totes random.

I put a focus on small animal and zoo and I had Dr.Eigner.

*So at this point its safe to say we are not accepted if we did not get called? :(
I had Dr. Eigner with interests in exotics and zoo. Also, no phone call yet, so I'm in the same boat as you!

Thanks all - my interview is this Friday and I'm so nervous!

Hey all... to all those who were accepted from earlier dates... should I be expecting something via snail mail or email. Dr. Holt said I would be receiving something later this week about how to proceed, but I kind of glazed over out of excitement and have no idea what I should be looking for haha

Hey all... to all those who were accepted from earlier dates... should I be expecting something via snail mail or email. Dr. Holt said I would be receiving something later this week about how to proceed, but I kind of glazed over out of excitement and have no idea what I should be looking for haha

You'll get a hard copy of your acceptance letter in the mail that will tell you everything! You'll also get an invite to the facebook group :)

I interviewed Friday the 22nd (afternoon) and got my acceptance call from Dr. Littman yesterday morning! :soexcited:

Gah... Still haven't heard anything. So either my total lack of service means I'm missing a yes or they haven't emailed no's... Or... I don't know?!

Gah... Still haven't heard anything. So either my total lack of service means I'm missing a yes or they haven't emailed no's... Or... I don't know?!

I'm in the same boat. I'm in state. I'm honestly expecting a no. lol

You'll get a hard copy of your acceptance letter in the mail that will tell you everything! You'll also get an invite to the facebook group :)
I have a deferred acceptance from last year so I won't be getting the facebook invite. Could you post a link or PM it to me? Thanks!