About the ads

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

UPenn

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by 21092109, Sep 18, 2012.

1. This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors and sponsors. Thank you.
  1. 21092109

Pre-Dental

SDN Members don't see this ad. (About Ads)
    The UPenn supplemental app asks to list any additional predental experience not included in the AADSAS application.
    What if all my predental experience has been included in the application? I only submitted my app a month or two ago... not much has been done since then. The essay question then goes on to say "if you do not have any predental experience, please indicate what you plan to do to in order to explore dentistry as a career..."
    Do I just write about the predental experience that I have even though it has been listed on my AADSAS app? Because I DO have experience so I don't want to leave this blank..

Thanks!
  2. gumdrop16

gumdrop16

I would just tell them to refer to ur asdsas app. No need to take up space on ur secondary to repeat everything thats already listed on ur main app.
  3. ewu6three

ewu6three

Pre-Dental
    I disagree, I just elaborated on everything I listed on AADSAS.
  4. 21092109

Pre-Dental
    But on my AADSAS app I gave it a 1 sentence description in the space allotted, so here I would have more room to elaborate on my experience. Should I just discuss in more detail the shadowing/ volunteering in the supplemental, even though it WAS listed on the AADSAS app?
    It is one of four essay questions so I feel weird leaving it blank/ telling them to refer elsewhere..
  5. cschoet

cschoet

Pre-Dental
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    It's not a trick question, so don't treat it as such.

Some applicants may have continued to shadow or volunteer after their AADSAS application was sent, so UPenn would have no record of it. This question gives you the opportunity to inform them.

If you haven't done anything additional, you can disregard the question. If I recall, I simply stated, "All of my predental experience is listed and described on my AADSAS application."

One short, confident sentence will suffice. Don't look too much into it.
  6. 21092109

Pre-Dental
    Thanks for the responses... any other thoughts?
    Should I elaborate on my experiences or refer them to my main app?
  7. Swoops

Swoops

Pre-Dental
    Like some other's have said... Just elaborate on what you already said on your aadsas app. If I remember correctly, it also says if you have no other experience what do you plan to do to continue gaining experience in the dental field. It's really not that tough... Just be concise (maybe 1/4 of a page-1/2 a page) and be honest. If you dont have any other experience just focus on what you are going to be doing.
  8. dantemac

dantemac

Dental Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    I just said that although I had everything included, I planned on doing more during my year off. I listed some things I was looking into.

Did I ever do them? No haha! My full time job sucked my time. But it probably looked great :laugh:
  9. BruinDentist

BruinDentist

Pre-Dental
    SDN 5+ Year Member
    I did exactly what cschoet did. I simply stated that all of my predental experience was listed in my AADSAS application.
  10. BlackThought

BlackThought

Dental Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2013