UPMC invite?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ellifino

Of a stone, a leaf, an unfound door
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Did anyone else get the interview invite & then a message that they had to rescind invitations? Please tell me I'm not the only one... Does anyone know what this is all about?

Members don't see this ad.

Yes, I got the same 2 emails. I think they screwed up the dates om the ERAS calendar. it's nothing personal. I tried to sign up for a date but they were all taken.

They're going to re send the emails tomorrow.

The dates or the offers, do you think?

Members don't see this ad :)
i got the same thing. i feel like they messed up the offers and not the dates. because why else would the rescind all the offers from today?

Got the retracted invite yesterday. Got another one this AM and choose the same date I originally chose yesterday. Guess now I can buy plane tickets (hopefully)

"As you are aware, yesterday while we were on the phone with ERAS setting up our interview days, invites mistakenly were sent out to several groups of applicants who were not yet in the final invite list. This email is to inform you that your application is not in the current invite list but is still certainly active and on the wait list for interviews. We will be inviting more applicants over the next several weeks and you will certainly hear from us if you are selected to interview."

Wow. Sorry ellifino that really blows. Was the program one of your top choices?

Eh. It's hard to know what my top choices are without having interviewed anywhere. Thanks for the sympathy, though!

Reactions: 1 user
"As you are aware, yesterday while we were on the phone with ERAS setting up our interview days, invites mistakenly were sent out to several groups of applicants who were not yet in the final invite list. This email is to inform you that your application is not in the current invite list but is still certainly active and on the wait list for interviews. We will be inviting more applicants over the next several weeks and you will certainly hear from us if you are selected to interview."

I'm sorry to hear that, ellefino. You still have a great chance of getting an interview in the next few weeks.

Pittsburgh's no paradise. Maybe for the best.

--
Il Destriero

Go on..? I'm curious for your impression. PM me if you'd rather.

Seems to be a popular place for anesthesia though

Has a great hospital system. But you have to live in Pittsburgh. Yes, yes I know it's an "up and coming city" which is what just about every rough urban area says these days (namely Cleveland, Oakland, Detroit and parts of Chicago).

Winters are cold and very snowy, which is what has kept me away. Thankfully it's 70 and fluorescent no matter where you work everywhere in the country!

Has a great hospital system. But you have to live in Pittsburgh. Yes, yes I know it's an "up and coming city" which is what just about every rough urban area says these days (namely Cleveland, Oakland, Detroit and parts of Chicago).

Winters are cold and very snowy, which is what has kept me away. Thankfully it's 70 and fluorescent no matter where you work everywhere in the country!

Well when you're at the bottom, it's hard to see how you could fall any further...