upper division science courses?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hotdawg

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i have to stop bothering you guys..

ive heard people say take upper division science classes. is this undergrad or grad, if you graduated already? to boost gpa.

guys, i am sorry to ask you this again. if i could id buy you all some piwo to say thanks...

Members don't see this ad.

hotdawg said:
i have to stop bothering you guys..

ive heard people say take upper division science classes. is this undergrad or grad, if you graduated already? to boost gpa.

guys, i am sorry to ask you this again. if i could id buy you all some piwo to say thanks...

upper division means 3000-4000 level courses (i.e. junior & senior year of college)

Members don't see this ad :)
no i am not in high school....ive heard people on various forums say upper level meaning grad.

but i do look like i am in high school, if that helps

(thanks nate)

hotdawg said:
no i am not in high school....ive heard people on various forums say upper level meaning grad.

but i do look like i am in high school, if that helps

(thanks nate)

No, upper level doesn't mean graduate in any way. If someone used that term in such a fashion, it was used incorrectly.

Upper division and lower division classes are both types of undergrad classes. I've heard that its better to take upper div classes if you're trying to boost your GPA. I'm actually thinking of doing the same thing this summer, but at the same time I might also take some lower div classes because they're easier. I know ppl are going to say that adcoms won't look favorably at that, but in my opinion I think its better to take a class that will definitely boost your GPA than a class that you may not do so well in. I'll probably take some upper and some lower div classes.

OSUdoc08 said:
No, upper level doesn't mean graduate in any way. If someone used that term in such a fashion, it was used incorrectly.
Some schools (mine is one) let undergrads take graduate 500 (or 5000) level classes as upper level classes.

jkhamlin said:
Some schools (mine is one) let undergrads take graduate 500 (or 5000) level classes as upper level classes.

Yup, but at your school, upper level classes are 3000 and 4000 as well, right?

This would then not make the term "upper level" unique to a description of graduate level courses, but of any course above a sophopmore level.

OSUdoc08 said:
Yup, but at your school, upper level classes are 3000 and 4000 as well, right?

This would then not make the term "upper level" unique to a description of graduate level courses, but of any course above a sophopmore level.
Correct.