Upper divsion bio courses...need advice please!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

xbowers003

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

So I found out today actually that come this fall, I will not be able to receive any more financial aid from my university and such won't be able to take the classes I had intended; 2 upper level bio courses and bio chem. Also, was going to take a few more upper levels in the spring.

A little back ground; I switched to pre-med about halfway through undergrad (that's why I have run out of financial aid mostly). I have completed all the pre-reqs and per AMCAS I have a 3.81 BCPM GPA and a 3.91 AO GPA....I was just planning on bolstering my app with some upper division bio courses, as some schools require them, and some don't.

But what should I do? Unfortunately I have been on my own financially since 16 and have no financial support from anyone. I am SES disadvantaged per AMCAS. I want to take these classes but I just cant afford them right now. My MCAT is this Friday. Do you think these classes will be a major roadblock to getting in?

Members don't see this ad.

You didn't provide a lot of background information so here goes:

• Speak to the Financial Aid dept., maybe you could work something out.
  • You might need to find a less expensive school, or take some time off to save up money.
  • Get a part-time job and go to school at same time.
  • Take out "private loans" (I wouldn't recommend this, but it is an option).
  • Re-evaluate your situation and see if you can come up with a better solution.