Upward Trend

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fishieFDR

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just finished my sophomore year at a school I thought I was lucky to get in. I haven't been doing very well, at all. Last week I was doing a research project for a learning class and realized freshmen studied 4 times as much I did, if not more, to get the same or lower grades than I did (surveys). I guess I didn't put enough time in, how much can great grades my last two years benefit me? Should I just quit now? I'm also a bit worried because some people studied a lot less than I did and got great grades.

Members don't see this ad.

The only person you should be comparing yourself to is you. There will always be great and lesser people than yourself.

Seek out your school's learning or education center for help.

I just finished my sophomore year at a school I thought I was lucky to get in. I haven't been doing very well, at all. Last week I was doing a research project for a learning class and realized freshmen studied 4 times as much I did, if not more, to get the same or lower grades than I did (surveys). I guess I didn't put enough time in, how much can great grades my last two years benefit me? Should I just quit now? I'm also a bit worried because some people studied a lot less than I did and got great grades.

Reactions: 1 user
The only person you should be comparing yourself to is you. There will always be great and lesser people than yourself.

Seek out your school's learning or education center for help.

I swear you have that last sentence macroed

Members don't see this ad :)

Last edited:
I trust that you will think it's a useful response.

Oh certainly! Anything that helps people understand themselves/their learning processes better is useful! Using the educational center for educational struggles should be like going to the mental health office for personal issues.
Just commenting on how common it is for people to bypass that step before going meltdown-mode.

Reactions: 1 user
You have to take human responses with a grain of salt. There's all sorts of research that looks at how much people lie about their responses and what you can take for face value. I can't imagine people are too honest with these provide your grades and study habits...
I know, I'm just starting to freak out a little bit. Can't believe I got bad grades when I could have done much better.