Upward Trends

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FMLx3

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a sGPA of about 2.76. After this year, I can bring it up to 3.25 giving me room for error and by the end of my senior year like a 3.4. I go to a school that is known for being difficult and maybe some deflation in the prereqs.

Given a decent-good MCAT, could I apply my senior year or would you recommend I wait an additional year after taking science classes at an easier university?

I took practice MCATs for the hell of it so I'm assuming on the real thing after studying I'd get in the high 30's, however they're changing it in 2015. Should I just take the old one ASAP to get in before the changed might screw me up?

Members don't see this ad.

IF you are ready to take the MCAT it might be worth doing so, but keep in mind that by next year, some schools may be requiring the new MCAT.

Upward trends are always good.

MSAR Online will be your friend in this process.

I have a sGPA of about 2.76. After this year, I can bring it up to 3.25 giving me room for error and by the end of my senior year like a 3.4. I go to a school that is known for being difficult and maybe some deflation in the prereqs.

Given a decent-good MCAT, could I apply my senior year or would you recommend I wait an additional year after taking science classes at an easier university?

I took practice MCATs for the hell of it so I'm assuming on the real thing after studying I'd get in the high 30's, however they're changing it in 2015. Should I just take the old one ASAP to get in before the changed might screw me up?

I had a 2.7 cgpa after freshman year, bc I took and retook calculus receiving an F and D.

Calculus is factored into sGPA. I had a very strong upwards trend and even retook calc this past summer for an A, finishing with a 3.37 sGPA, 3.55 cgpa. 37 mcat. Applied to 26 MD schools and 2 rejections 2 holds so far.

Ofcourse, my ECs aren't great, but I do have shadowing/clinical volunteering/months of shadowing.

You'll be fine for DO, but be vigilant for ECs for MD.

Posted using SDN Mobile