This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hikai

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi I am just asking for someone to shed some light for me on my application to traditional UQ.

I just got my MCAT score back and I got exactly 496 on the dot. My overall GPA is about a 6.75 out of 7.0 on the aussie scale and about a 3.5 on the 4.0 scale. I got a crap ton of research and clinical experience, as well as extracurriculars. How are my prospects for this school?

Thank you in advance for helping me out :)

EDIT: Overall GPA 3.6 on the 4.0 Scale

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
GPA of 3.5 out of 4 is about 6.3-6.5 out of 7, definitely not 6.75...

GPA of 3.5 out of 4 is about 6.3-6.5 out of 7, definitely not 6.75...

I used the GEMSAS GPA conversion scale and took into account the multiplier (1x 2nd year GPA, 2x 3rd year GPA, and 3x 4th year GPA). This was the chart that I used because a few Aussie medical schools I contacted said that they would convert my raw scores to their GPA scale when getting the overall GPA out of 7.0 ( http://www.gemsas.edu.au/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/GEMSAS-GPA-guidelines.pdf ). Sorry I just redid my GPA calculations and it ended up to a 3.6, I suppose I made an error in my calculations.

Members don't see this ad :)
Alright, maybe I calculated mine wrongly then, I found my gpa is only 6.3 despite an overal gpa of 3.7..

Is not a single year's converted GPA (from a 4 point scale) simply GPA/4 * 7?
And weighted overall GPA:

((GPA2 + GPA3 * 2 + GPA4 * 3)/6) / 4 * 7

??

That straight-forward manner was how UQ used to (last decade) calculate it at least...