UQ vs. Griffith University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ozstudent

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I've just finished year 12 and have received offers for the MBBS provisional programs at both UQ and Griffith University. I'm so happy!

After doing plenty of research, I'm still unsure of what the students at both universities think of the programs.
Are the universities flexible with your course of study (e.g. are there plenty of elective opportunities?)?
Are the lecturers easy to get hold of and happy to answer your questions?
Do you have a good opportunity to conduct dissections (i.e. does the large cohort at UQ minimise your work with cadavers?)?
Are there any distinct differences in the quality of graduates from UQ and Griffith (I know there have only been one graduating class from Griffith so far, so it's a difficult question...)?
Is there an emphasis on electronic learning (are courses or lectures delivered electronically?)?
Are the clinical teachings/rotations conducted well? Does it matter which hospital this is done at?
Are you more likely to obtain an internship by attending a particular university?

If you have anything else to add, please do. I'd appreciate input from anyone. It's a big decision and any assistance I could get would be great!

Thanks,

ozstudent

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
You're 18 years old...surely there's better things in life to think about than going to medical school.