URGENT: Alternate list,re-taking OAT 2 weeks before deadline,PLEASE HELP!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OPTOMINA

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I greatly appreciate your advice!!!!

So here is my situation.

Status: on alternate list that is not ranked. They review each applicants on available seat basis
Why: Due to low OAT score. The school want me to send them new score
Deadline for the school: 5/1/15
Available seats as of end of March: about 25%(i.e. 75% taken), but they interview every week until May

MY PROBLEM AND CONCERN: I am taking the OAT on 4/15. The school will have my official score at the end of April or May. WHAT IF THERE WON'T BE ANY SEATS AVAILABLE FOR ME?

I could schedule to take the OAT at the end of this month, but I would really want to take it in April so I can study more. So what should I do??? If I score really high on OAT, does that guarantee me an acceptance?

Thank you so much for reading. I always appreciate your help and advice here!!!
Congratulations to those who got accepted and good luck to everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

I don't think getting a high score will guarantee your acceptance, but there is a good chance that it will bump you up on the list. Once the deadlines for matriculation fees roll around, there should be some seats freed up and you should have a better chance of acceptance :) Just be patient and good luck!

Reactions: 1 user
What was your previous oat score ?

Members don't see this ad :)
when you take your oat on 4/15 you will receive an unofficial score report that same day, you can then scan that score report to the admissions office of the school you are applying to. So they can get your score that same day! if you do well then then can decide to invite you for an interview that same week. Your acceptance will then be contingent on your official score report. But they don't necessarily need to see your official report to make a decision ( that's what happened to me!)

Thank you everyone who replied!
My OAT score was below 300:(

And I already had an interview with that school but I will definitely send them an unofficial score report before they get the official one!Thank you!!!

Thank you everyone who replied!
My OAT score was below 300:(

And I already had an interview with that school but I will definitely send them an unofficial score report before they get the official one!Thank you!!!

Hey Optomina! What school is this for?

You already done everything else. Take the test as plan, study hard and don't panic. Even if you don't get in this year, you will have a better application when July comes. Good luck

Also remember, taking a year off to apply won't be the end of the world.