Urgent-LOR Advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Soapnote

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I have a question regarding the LOR's. There is only one LOR that has been scanned. The rest of the LOR's will be available by mid-September.

I was wondering if I should still send in my application for it to be opened on September 1st?????? Will they look at my application if I send it in on September 1st OR will it be discarded till it is a complete file OR will they make a decision based on just that one LOR that IS available at this point?

Also, I'm applying for Family Practice, but I WAS interested in Ob/Gyn and joined the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists as a medical student. Should I still say that I am a part of this organization in the Organizations section in the Curriculum Vitae part of the application or leave it out?

Thanks for your help!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

It's OK to submit before your letters are in. Some problems will look at you now, and some will wait for the letters. Also, I'm sure listing ACOG will be fine.

I have a question regarding the LOR's. There is only one LOR that has been scanned. The rest of the LOR's will be available by mid-September.

I was wondering if I should still send in my application for it to be opened on September 1st?????? Will they look at my application if I send it in on September 1st OR will it be discarded till it is a complete file OR will they make a decision based on just that one LOR that IS available at this point?

I agree with Dr. Bagels there. Submit 09/01. Y'all my seniors told me that some programs like 75% don't start downloading apps till like the middle of September to late September.

Also, I'm applying for Family Practice, but I WAS interested in Ob/Gyn and joined the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists as a medical student. Should I still say that I am a part of this organization in the Organizations section in the Curriculum Vitae part of the application or leave it out?

Some med schools automatically get their students memberships to all the national organizations, b/c most are free. DEFINITELY put down ACOG, this is a point for you and not against you. Join the AAFP too and put that down on your application, it's free.

G'luck,
A