URGENT!! need help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lazyindy

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am submitting AADSAS today and I already have 4 individual recommendation letters on file. 2 science, 1 history, and one from my dentist. I want to know if I can send an additional LOR after submitting aadsas? Im asking this because SUNY Stony Brook dental school wants a committee letter and my undergrad (stony brook) takes 2 months to process and finalize the letter. I want other schools to review my application ASAP but also don't want to give up on applying to stony brook because of the cheap tuition.

any solution to this dilemma?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
You can always call them and ask. They'll give you an answer.
Try calling them on monday.

Reactions: 1 users
You can always call them and ask. They'll give you an answer.
Try calling them on monday.

wow thanks that was the most helpful response ever :shifty:

On a more serious note, can anyone just tell me if aadsas will allow this?

Members don't see this ad :)
Easy on the attitude, there. AADSAS doesn't decide whether schools will accept an additional letter or not... schools decide. What @DodobirdFiance told you to do is what you should do in addition to checking the school's site to see if they post any info about mailing additional items in.

Reactions: 5 users
wow thanks that was the most helpful response ever :shifty:

On a more serious note, can anyone just tell me if aadsas will allow this?

This is the helpful response that you need... I don't know what more you want.

Someone should have responded that it was dumb to get a letter from a history professor. Someone could have also responded that if you had submitted your committee letter first, you could have only submitted 1 more letter.

Definitely just call the school.

Someone should have responded that it was dumb to get a letter from a history professor.

Actually, some schools require 3 letters from professors, one of which may be a "non-science" or "other" or "liberal arts" prof. Depending on the number of schools an applicant applies to that require or recommend this, it makes sense for 1/4 of the letters uploaded to AADSAS to be from a history/psych/econ/etc. prof.

Actually, some schools require 3 letters from professors, one of which may be a "non-science" or "other" or "liberal arts" prof. Depending on the number of schools an applicant applies to that require or recommend this, it makes sense for 1/4 of the letters uploaded to AADSAS to be from a history/psych/econ/etc. prof.

Fair enough. I know I applied to 10 schools and none of them asked for a non-science professor LOR so I assumed most did not.