Urgent: Recommendations for last-minute IV

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

luckyt66

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I'll keep it short- I just received a Skype IV for tomorrow morning for an open PGY-1 spot in a program beginning this July.

If anyone has been done a last-minute IV for a spot right before the start of the residency year in the past, if could share any specific or different questions from the regular IV period asked at this point, I would really appreciate it. I imagine they would ask questions such as "why do you think you didn't match this", and the like.

Otherwise, any general suggestions or tips to score on this type of IV right before the start date is highly welcome!

Thank you to all.

Members don't see this ad.

Hello everyone,

I'll keep it short- I just received a Skype IV for tomorrow morning for an open PGY-1 spot in a program beginning this July.

If anyone has been done a last-minute IV for a spot right before the start of the residency year in the past, if could share any specific or different questions from the regular IV period asked at this point, I would really appreciate it. I imagine they would ask questions such as "why do you think you didn't match this", and the like.

Otherwise, any general suggestions or tips to score on this type of IV right before the start date is highly welcome!

Thank you to all.
Any tips on how this turned out for you? What kind of questions do they ask in these last minute type of interviews, and how does the skype interview differ from normal interviews. I've heard of Skype interviews before, but was just curious what your experience was like and how it differed from the more standard interviews during the interview season?