US Citizen studying in Buenos Aires..How to Re validate for California

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bobice10

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone I have a few questions regarding the re-validation for the state of CA. I was born in Long Beach and came to Buenos Aires 5 years ago...I am currently studying dentistry, currently in my 4th year (its 5 years here) in Universidad Maimonides, a private school en BS As. I want to apply for the NBDE Part 1 exam, but i just read about a DAT exam?? Do I have to take this exam before applying for the NBDE Part 1?????? Since I was born and lived for 21 years in California, i'm guessing i do not need to take the TOEFL exam. I need all the advice I can get and I would greatly appreciate it!!!!!!!:)

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Members don't see this ad.

You will have to inquire NBDE or ADA if you can take this exam now. Usually people have to have an ECE or WES assessment of their credentials done in order to apply, subject to subject. If they decide that your education is good enough, they will give you the permission to take the exam. DAT and 4 year education also possible, but do you really want to study 4 years instead of 2. In regards to TOEFL - I assume you studied in school in California in English- you do not need it, but inquire in a couple of universities, just in case

Yes I graduated from high school in California. I don't understand what you mean about the 4 years? I'm currently in my 4th year of dental school here in Argentina. I read that I have to attend for example in Loma linda university a 2 year international program that's full time. Do i have any other options? ?

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 user
To start dental school from the very beginning is also an option - I mean, that you will be able to apply. I, personally, would not want to study 2 extra years. For example, NYC does not offer 2 year program any more, as well as Florida