US LOR 2 months after applying to ERAS - any use?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Glacier

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I am an IMG. If I do an elective (in October) and get a US LOR (at end of Oct) after already having applied to ERAS (in mid September) is there any use? Will I be able to use that LOR anywhere?

will I be able to use it while interviewing at programs at which I am called? If ya then will it be sent through ERAS or will I have to take it personally(will pose a problem as I will not be able to waive my right)

And if LOR is of no use then no point doing elective also right?

Members don't see this ad.

I added a LOR in early October (thought it was my "fourth" letter). So you CAN add one then.

You can also bring a copy of it on the interview trail. Obviously, you have waived your right to see that letter, but if you have already submitted your 3 to your desired schools and you would really like this letter to be part of your file, you can give it to them during the interview. Even if they do not officially add it to your file, the interviewer would at least be able to look at the letter. Would anyone disagree with this?

Members don't see this ad :)
Anybody with a different view about it?

In case i do my elective....i ll get my degree in early Nov.i.e after compltetion of my elective(Oct end) which means that i will get certified only in January...Now does that mean loosing on a lot of interview calls coz i wont be certified by that time??Now will the LOR really help?Bottomline:whats more important...ECFMG certification or US LORs at an interview??
:confused: