About the ads

US students in African med schools?

Discussion in 'Africa and Middle East' started by leo56, May 16, 2006.

1. SDN is a nonprofit organization. Services are made possible through the generous support of SDN members and sponsors. Thank you.
  1. leo56

leo56 Junior Member

SDN 5+ Year Member

SDN Members don't see this ad. (About Ads)
    Hello,

Just wondering if any sub-Saharan African medical schools accept American students? I studied abroad in South Africa and fell in love with the country. Doesn't look like University of Cape Town or Stellenbosch accept US students. Has anyone heard of an American going to an African med school?

Thanks!
  2. thewebdoc

thewebdoc -=The Web Doc=-

Medical Student
    SDN 5+ Year Member
    Hey,
    I'm a student at the Univ. of Nairobi med school, in Kenya, East Africa. I've seen a few American students who've come over for their electives. Some choose to do them in hospitals in more rural settings, others do theirs at our training hospital, Kenyatta National hospital.
    Infact, there's a student who joined my class about 2 years ago while i was in 3rd year. He was from a med school in Seattle.(or is that where he grew up? :rolleyes: )
    Anyway, i could find out if yo' interested.
    Laterz.
  3. drimuwithash

drimuwithash Junior Member

Medical Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    i am interested in post graduation course in cape town is it valuable to doing in cape town university ?
  4. drimuwithash

drimuwithash Junior Member

Medical Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    Hi, I want to know pg degree value after doing in cape town university ? is it eligible in uk or australia ? ielts or toeffel is must for that ?

Just wondering if any sub-Saharan African medical schools accept American students? I studied abroad in South Africa and fell in love with the country. Doesn't look like University of Cape Town or Stellenbosch accept US students. Has anyone heard of an American going to an African med school?

Thanks![/QUOTE]