USA Interview thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hope17

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all, I have an interview with USA next Friday and I understand that some are also having the interview with me and in CA. I have look through so many thread to see if there is anything on interview question and essay for USA but did not find any. I want to start this and was wondering if USA student who have been interview by USA could give us some insight on what kind of question they ask for the essay and what kind of question they ask during the interview. This is very important to me..The only school I apply to is USA and hopeing to get accepted on my first attempt....please help us out. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

hey hope17. i'm applying for USA in san diego also. My interview is on Monday. Like you, I'm only applying to USA. I can tell you that I'm preparing by going over my personal statement. Did you go to any of the open houses in san marcos? I got to speak with some current students and they gave me lots of helpful information. They told me they got the usual interview questions (why pt, and why USA, etc.) The student I spoke with told me her essay question was about three characteristics she possessed that are ideal in a PT.
I've also browsed around these forums and found helpful info from last years class. I hope this helps you out.

There is a ton of info on this forum for USA's interview process. My suggestion is to refine your search once more.

Members don't see this ad :)
hi hope,
I just had an intervew with them. they are very nice, and make you feel very comfortable. Look up the questions here on this forum they helped me a lot! Good luck!

unlikeall- when do yall find out the final decision, before or after thanksgiving ?

They told us that they would be giving us a call within 2 weeks if we are in. They will email us if we are on the alternate list and snail mail if its a rejection.

They told us that they would be giving us a call within 2 weeks if we are in. They will email us if we are on the alternate list and snail mail if its a rejection.
Unlike all, is it true you get automatic acceptance (for the next semester) if youre on the alternate list?

I didn't apply to USA or anything, just curious.

I asked during my interview and the interviewer told me she did not know that I would have to contact admissions.

I just interviewed at USA in St. Augustine on Friday the 19th... such a scary process but it is over & I feel like I did welll.. Now the waiting- it was only supposed to be for 2 weeks but they said due to Thanksgiving it may be three... AH! Anyone else Interview at St. Augustine campus?

unlikeall- when do yall find out the final decision, before or after thanksgiving ?

Hey, didn't you interview at the St. Augustine campus? I feel like I remember you from another thread... how did it go?

I interviewed at the San Diego campus. they told us two weeks as well. Has anyone interviewed at the San Diego campus on the 15th heard anything??

I interviewed at the San Diego campus. they told us two weeks as well. Has anyone interviewed at the San Diego campus on the 15th heard anything??

I got a call from the SD campus today saying that I've been accepted. These 8 days felt so long!

Anyone else got the call today??

I Got the call earlier today at lunch! I will be attending May 2011 USA San Marcos

Members don't see this ad :)
I'M IN! Got a voicemail with a 760 area code.... listened to the message then saw the first person I saw and gave them the biggest hug ever and cried. SO STOKED!

This is my second time applying, so never give up hope!

I got a call today too! so happy! it felt like I was never gunna get in lol

Has anyone else who interviewed in San Marcos on the 15th not heard back?? I thought my interview went really well...so I'm really nervous that I haven't heard anything!!

I'M IN! Got a voicemail with a 760 area code.... listened to the message then saw the first person I saw and gave them the biggest hug ever and cried. SO STOKED!

This is my second time applying, so never give up hope!

I got accepted as well! OMG I did the same thing.. I called my mom & she started crying and then I did.. I was around a bunch of my coworkers.. kinda embarassing but I didn't care lol. They were HAPPY tears! hehe. Congrats!!

Oh my gosh you all have made me soo much more nervous! I interviewed at the St. Augustine campus on the 19th! It only took them 8 days to get back to you all?! I hope they call us this week! I am sooo anxious to know already it is driving me nuts! Anyone else who interviewed in St. Augustine get a call yet???

OH boy this is tough! I too attended interview Nov 19 in Florida. So I have not heard at anything yet. CONGRATS to the Cali folks getting their calls last week! Wonderful news, I am MOT applicant, but was looking here in hopes to get an idea if anybody from the 19th has heard any news yet. Keeping my fingers crossed we all get in ;) I absolutely loved the campus and everything about the program!

Well that makes me feel better you haven't heard back either haha! I am so suprised they let the San Marcos people know within a week!! I really hope they call this week, I can't take any more anticipation! How did your interview go?

I heard back from the SD campus and they are waiting to make a decision after I finish my bio class this term.. So not rejected but more waiting! Ahhhhhh so nerve racking

crippeng2- yes I felt better looking on here and seeing that nobody yet is reporting a call back yet from Florida campus! I felt great about my interview and the whole day. You never know. They only accept 15 in OT so when I found that out it made me a little nervous, but I am hopeful I can be one of those 15! :xf: I am hoping you got in too, the waiting is tough! So far Ihave searched the boards and nobody is reporting and word back yet from Nov 19 Florida interview. So hopefully by the end of this week!:D

Hahaha I really hope so, I dont think I can handle a whole week wait! I am watching my phone urging it to call! Post back if you get a phone call or see any posts about them! Thanks!

I have seen that two people on here have received their phone calls saying they were accepted at 1:15 this afternoon! I am soo much more nervous now!

I did get a call from the earlier today around 1 pm. However, Dian did tell me that they had just made the admissions decisions Friday. So I am assuming that they just started contacting people today. That is a lot of people to call so I wouldn't be surprised if they still have students to call until later this week. Try not to stress out and worry, if it is meant to be, it will be! Good luck to all

I know, I am just really discouraged now! Does it usually take them more than a day to call people. I know of 5 people that heard back today! im trying to stay positive :/

Waitlisted no. 10.... can anyone shed any light on the waitlist stats? I keep seeing different things on here about it...