USA to UK, maybe

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

h3llopanda

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am currently in the US working on an undergraduate degree. I am pre-pharmacy for now, and so I've started looking around for where to apply. I've considered to apply to pharmacy schools in the UK, but have a few questions.

1. Will I be considered an undergraduate or postgraduate there once I finish my degree in the US? An Mpharm degree is considered an undergraduate degree over there, so I'm not sure if I'm allowed to have a "second" undergraduate degree over there.
2. Someone mentioned transferring credits here in order to avoid the hassle of converting my Mpharm to a PharmD. Is the US going to transfer much (or any) of those courses?
3. Has anyone gone through this?

I am aware of the exams, internship, and the 5 year curriculum requirement in order to convert the Mpharm to a PharmD, and the reason I am willing to go through that hassle is mainly because I want to partake in living abroad somewhere. I am at a point in my life where I have realized I will not have this kind of chance in the future due to personal reasons, so I am wanting it to be like a two in one deal. I know it sounds strange and possibly not worth it for many of you, but it is what will make me most satisfied. Plus, I live in a state where pharmacy school admission rate is super duper competitive, and I honestly don't think I would get accepted here.

Thanks for any advice you may be able to give me!

Members don't see this ad.