Usage of foreign objects on test taking screen while doing PAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HannibalLecter

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I don't know if the ADA has implemented new rules which would prohibit using fingers or the markers on the screen just wanted to get a consensus

I did read the ADA manual about it, its very vague on if you can or not? I feel like I am struggling on the angles and feel like this would be a wonderful asset to have in the toolbox

Members don't see this ad.

I don't know if the ADA has implemented new rules which would prohibit using fingers or the markers on the screen just wanted to get a consensus

I did read the ADA manual about it, its very vague on if you can or not? I feel like I am struggling on the angles and feel like this would be a wonderful asset to have in the toolbox

I would say no but i am not sure. Almost a 100% positive no for the markers because a girl in my undergrad got her scores redacted because she used her dry erase board on the screen; it was considered cheating and is now 'black listed' (she ended up joining the navy :eek:!?!?!). maybe okay for fingers. maybe.

might as well get a protractor....

IMO, your asking for trouble. Do the test the way its intended, your own eyes and nothing else.

might as well get a protractor....

IMO, your asking for trouble. Do the test the way its intended, your own eyes and nothing else.

But, DentalWorks I read some other posts where they said it was ok. I am only asking if other people used it on their tests why should the rest not. It should be an even playing field for everyone and using fingers is a definite no no because that will definitely make prometric mad with putting fingerprints on their screen and plus my fingers are stubby

But, DentalWorks I read some other posts where they said it was ok. I am only asking if other people used it on their tests why should the rest not. It should be an even playing field for everyone and using fingers is a definite no no because that will definitely make prometric mad with putting fingerprints on their screen and plus my fingers are stubby

The problem with this kind of behavior is: We don't know what the outcome/consequences are

Fact: There are cameras in the testing center.
Fact: They will video tape you while taking the test

Myth or Fact? Do they review the videos to see what people are doing? And if you happen to be one of the unfortunate ones who got his/her video reviewed and they saw you doing something THEY BELIEVE is illegal, whats gonna happen next?

You see what I am getting at? We don't know what could happen, but because the stakes are so high, IMO, no one should chance it.