USC Class of 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PharmacyWarrior

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys. I have looked around and couldn't find a thread for USC c/o 2016 so I've decided to make this new thread for this year acceptance. I want to congratulate those who are accepted into USC and will be attending USC in the fall of 2012. Feel free to post things relating to USC, such as housing, planning group study, making friends, etc.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hey guys, what's the most difficult class for the first year student at USC?

Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone else get into USC for the first and second interview cycles? It is a bit lonely in here :(

Last edited:
Did anyone else get into USC for the first and second interview cycles? It is a bit lonely in here :(

:p i hope i get in! usc is my first choice! if i don't get into usc, i'm switching my career goal lol.

currently on active consideration [from the first interview group].

what were your stats [if you don't mind listing them here]?

:p i hope i get in! usc is my first choice! if i don't get into usc, i'm switching my career goal lol.

currently on active consideration [from the first interview group].

what were your stats [if you don't mind listing them here]?

Ahahah. That's a bit drastic to do if you don't get into usc :). Did you apply to any of the other programs beside usc? I hope you will get pull off of the AC list and join me by the fall :). Good luck and I'm hoping to see good news from you.

Last edited:
Hey guys, what's the most difficult class for the first year student at USC?

Biosystems isn't too bad if you're a bio major. Its a lot of physiology/anatomy. I had no problem with it (first semester at least, second semester is a different story, lol). First semester I would say I had a hard time with biochem. Second semester was genetics. I didn't enjoy either of those classes in undergrad, so thats probably why

Can't believe someone has already started a class of 2016 thread, considering the admission process is only half-way through. Nonetheless, big congrats on your accomplishment!!! Hopefully we will join in you soon! P1 :laugh:

Biosystems isn't too bad if you're a bio major. Its a lot of physiology/anatomy. I had no problem with it (first semester at least, second semester is a different story, lol). First semester I would say I had a hard time with biochem. Second semester was genetics. I didn't enjoy either of those classes in undergrad, so thats probably why

Thank you for giving me an insight into the school first semester. Good luck!

Last edited:
Can't believe someone has already started a class of 2016 thread, considering the admission process is only half-way through. Nonetheless, big congrats on your accomplishment!!! Hopefully we will join in you soon! P1 :laugh:

Thanks pharmacyinlove. I'm hoping to see more people soon. Good luck to you :)

Just got my acceptance packet today and waiting for some of my prerequisites to clear. :)

Last edited:
Just got my acceptance packet today and waiting for some of my prerequisites to clear. :)

Congratulations to you! I'm happy to see more people joining me. Now...if only someone can make a facebook page for our year, that would be great.

Members don't see this ad :)
Congratulations to you! I'm happy to see more people joining me. Now...if only someone can make a facebook page for our year, that would be great.

yep, looks like i'll be joining you in the fall ^^ why don't you make the fb page? =]

yep, looks like i'll be joining you in the fall ^^ why don't you make the fb page? =]

Yup ^_^. Did USC send you anything else beside the 6 forms? I wonder when we have to get our immunization shots and blood tested.

Nvm, I just called USC. They said that the beginning of March, they will send out emails to notify us about getting our blood tested and immunization shots. Orientation information will come 1-2 weeks before the week of orientation.

Last edited:
Can you guys share your interview expreinences? I am still waiting for one.

Can you guys share your interview expreinences? I am still waiting for one.

The interview (for me) was as expected, and the questions that were asked were similar to the ones that you could find in SDN. The whole process took about 2-2.5 hours. The interview process was 20-30 minutes long (conversational and relaxing), and the essay portion was 50 minutes long. Hope you will get an invitation this month. If you have more questions, feel free to shoot me a PM; I'll be gladly to answer all of your questions to the best of my knowledge. Good luck.

advice from current usc student: DO NOT GO HERE. If you get accepted elsewhere, go there. Western, ucsd, ucsf, anywhere! This school is a joke, totally disorganized, and inept professors who should be teaching middle school classes. Take the time to talk to current usc pharm students, and you will see this attitude across the board. I wish I knew all this before going here...

advice from current usc student: DO NOT GO HERE. If you get accepted elsewhere, go there. Western, ucsd, ucsf, anywhere! This school is a joke, totally disorganized, and inept professors who should be teaching middle school classes. Take the time to talk to current usc pharm students, and you will see this attitude across the board. I wish I knew all this before going here...

I find your advice hard to believe. I know a few students at usc and they praise how good the program is. This school has a long history in PharmD so I find it hard to believe that it is "disorganized". Stop spreading rumors and give usc bad reputation. I know you're not first year student at usc too. You're doing this to scare others away so you can get a shot of getting into usc. Please go troll somewhere else because you're a joke.

Last edited:
If I have a 2.63 GPA but have retaken all the courses and did very well in them, do you think they will consider me? PCAT is in november...I also have letters of recommendations and pharmacy experience