USC DDS Class 2016- Where to live!? HELP!

Prsndentist

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey yall! i am moving to la in august sometime and am goin to la june 4 to find a place to live. anyone have any suggestions on what areas or what apartment complexes to look at !? im so lost and know nothing about LA! i was looking online for apartment locator addresses but i couldnt seem to find any!? does LA not have any? help help!!l lol:confused::eek::scared:

Members don't see this ad.

westside rentals. check out spots around ellendale pl. you could live downtown but I doubt it'll be worth it with traffic and parking

but i hear downtown is better than living really close to campus???? so what is ellendale an area of town or a street? lol sorry im clueless!! does LA have actual apartment locators???? thanks!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
ellendale's a street north of campus with a bunch of apartments. it's prolly 70% undergrad, 30% grad kids. downtown is definitely nicer and you won't have to put up with living in the older apartment complexes that are a plenty near school, but driving anywhere in LA sucks - even if it's 10 min away. message a current sc dental student you find on sdn, they'll be able to answer better than me

Here are the places that are pretty safe to live at and not so far: Eagle Rock, Glendale, Pasadena (they have a rail that goes straight to downtown LA), Monterey Park, Alhambra, Culver City, and Montebello.

I will be driving down there in July to get a place in Monterey Park most likely.

Also, go to LAlife.com it gives you a good breakdown of LA demographics