USC Herman Ostrow Interviews /Bench exam

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
That is so stressful .... got rejections from everywhere, had hopes on the alternate list. Any idea about Boston!!

Members don't see this ad.

Hii guys!!! Congratulations for getting an interview call from USC Herman ostrow school of dentistry. We guys are ASPID 2015 and made a facebook group, where we will try to answer all your questions. We will also post some stuff related to things that you should take care while appearing for USC's bench exam, interview session and PBL session. Just send in your invitation to the get yourself added on the group.

And try to tell it to as many people as you can can because its ultimately going to come back you...

Remember
“No one has ever become poor by giving.”
― Anne Frank,

Link

https://www.facebook.com/groups/356576841143084/

Hii guys!!! Congratulations for getting an interview call from USC Herman ostrow school of dentistry. We guys are ASPID 2015 and made a facebook group, where we will try to answer all your questions. We will also post some stuff related to things that you should take care while appearing for USC's bench exam, interview session and PBL session. Just send in your invitation to the get yourself added on the group.

And try to tell it to as many people as you can can because its ultimately going to come back you...

Remember
"No one has ever become poor by giving."
― Anne Frank,

Link

https://www.facebook.com/groups/356576841143084/

That's very nice of you! :)

However, the link you've posted doesn't work. Do you want us to join your "USC ASPID CLASS 2015" group on Facebook or have you created a separate group?

Members don't see this ad :)
HI,
Can anyone tell when is the interview date for USC. It is just mentioned as october end on the site. Does anyone who got interview calls know when is the Interview and bench test?

Hi guys! I'm declining mine. Someone on the alternate list will be getting an invite soon! :) good luck!

Really! I wish they called me.
Did you take nbde2? Dat? Work experienceplz share if you don't minf

This group is for people who have been invited for an interview/alternate list from the USC school Of Dentistry at USC. We guys are trying to help you out with your questions. We will also guide you about the particular points that you need to keep in mind while appearing for bench exam, interview session and PBL session.

Remember..
In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
Bill Cosby...

FIGHT ON!!!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/356576841143084/members/

The link for the facebook group is not working!!

Above facebook link is not working

Members don't see this ad :)
Good luck to all candidates who got an invitation @ USC. Every year most preps are Class II or/and PFM crown or porcelain crown on typodont. Two years ago they asked for wax carving for upper central. Last year they asked them to carve a circle / triangle and square, it's just made to see your hand skills.
Regarding the second day - it's called a PBL session - problem bases learning, that's the way they learn @ USC. The purpose is to show you how they do pbls and how will you interact with others. Just be your self.
Good luck to all of you
Fight On :)

Good luck to all candidates who got an invitation @ USC. Every year most preps are Class II or/and PFM crown or porcelain crown on typodont. Two years ago they asked for wax carving for upper central. Last year they asked them to carve a circle / triangle and square, it's just made to see your hand skills.
Regarding the second day - it's called a PBL session - problem bases learning, that's the way they learn @ USC. The purpose is to show you how they do pbls and how will you interact with others. Just be your self.
Good luck to all of you

I think that the PBL session is on the first day.

declining the interview- someone from the alternate list should hear soon. :thumbup:

Good luck to all of you

So what exactly is PBL? I mean, Do we have to do something? Is there a test or something? Or it's just like an orientation?
Thanks

Any female interested in sharing accommodation for USC's interview could please pm me.

can anyone help me with a website to buy burs for a slow speed handpiece plz?!

Did anyone hear from the alternate list?

Nothing here- hopefully soon some of us we ll get the IV email........

Hello I'm ASPID 14 :)
Here is my experience -
Last year we were about 150 in the interview and 34 were accepted.
On the 2nd day
My exam consisted of two preps - PFM #9 and CVC #30. Also we had wax carving #9.
The 1st day was a PBL session, were they see how you interact with others and if you know to speak good English. There isn't any personal interview.
If anyone needs any help let me know. Good luck to all.
hi
just joined and needed an experienced person like u
I just found out here that I will need us experience, if that is true, could you pls give some pointers on how to go abt that
secondly what is your usc aspid experience like so far?
thanks for all the info u can spare.

This group is for people who have been invited for an interview/alternate list from the USC school Of Dentistry at USC. We guys are trying to help you out with your questions. We will also guide you about the particular points that you need to keep in mind while appearing for bench exam, interview session and PBL session.

Remember..
In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
Bill Cosby...

FIGHT ON!!!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/356576841143084/members/
Do you get a one on one interview as well as the bench exam in those 2 days?

hi
just joined and needed an experienced person like u
I just found out here that I will need us experience, if that is true, could you pls give some pointers on how to go abt that
secondly what is your usc aspid experience like so far?
thanks for all the info u can spare.
Hello I'm ASPID 14 :)
Here is my experience -
Last year we were about 150 in the interview and 34 were accepted.
On the 2nd day
My exam consisted of two preps - PFM #9 and CVC #30. Also we had wax carving #9.
The 1st day was a PBL session, were they see how you interact with others and if you know to speak good English. There isn't any personal interview.
If anyone needs any help let me know. Good luck to all.
HELLO:
Would you please mention any questions that you were asked during PBL?
thank you