USC MHA Class of 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Veggie Monster

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Sup,

Going to USC as an MHA candidate? Yeah, me too. Let's mingle and have a salsa party. :cool:

Members don't see this ad.

Sup,

Going to USC as an MHA candidate? Yeah, me too. Let's mingle and have a salsa party. :cool:

Hey. I'm not going to USC but I've wondered what drew you to this choice? What were you plans after grad school with your degree?

Hey. I'm not going to USC but I've wondered what drew you to this choice? What were you plans after grad school with your degree?

1) USC places their graduates well into admin. fellowship programs
2) Trojan Network. Well established in SoCal. USC has great connections with it's loyal alumni and companies such as Kaiser Permanente.
3) People. I clicked with them and realized these future students and professors are not just temporary colleagues during the program but friends after graduation as well.

After graduation, I would like to earn an administrative fellowship, hopefully at Kaiser, then progressively move up in the field of hospital administration.

Members don't see this ad :)
OMG..!!...i was just going to start this thread...happy to see this...I am yet to get the official communication but i have been recommended for admissions,no word on dean's merit award. USC is too expensive and i am not sure if i can attend it without any financial assistance because it will cost me 7 million Bucks.So not sure at this moment,if i am gonna attend but I would love to. Excited to see USC and LA.

OMG..!!...i was just going to start this thread...happy to see this...I am yet to get the official communication but i have been recommended for admissions,no word on dean's merit award. USC is too expensive and i am not sure if i can attend it without any financial assistance because it will cost me 7 million Bucks.So not sure at this moment,if i am gonna attend but I would love to. Excited to see USC and LA.

what other schools are you considering?

none.because this year i applied only for USC. I got in MHA in 2011 at UNF and marymount university but i didn't attend either.So.only USC this year.

Thanks.Its strange that there are thousands on this forum but for USC,only we 2 are talking.Do you know anyone else,who is attending SPPD MHA this fall.

Thanks.Its strange that there are thousands on this forum but for USC,only we 2 are talking.Do you know anyone else,who is attending SPPD MHA this fall.

nah, there are more but we communicate via private messages. i guess it's time for us to crawl out from the underground.

FYI, SPPD changed its name to Sol Price. :D

yeah ..i know its Sol price now..its jus i m too used to SPPD...and it sounds like LAPD..lolzz..

Good luck with all of your future endeavors Veggie! As for this forum, it's not representative of the total population that applies to public health programs.

Good luck with all of your future endeavors Veggie! As for this forum, it's not representative of the total population that applies to public health programs.

Thanks! I appreciate your kind words.

Where are you going for grad school?

Members don't see this ad :)
How did they inform you about award? I mean was it with admission offer or they sent separate communication for award?.

Might as well chime in, since it sounds like you might have had my situation. USC's grad school sent me my acceptance package before the Price School sent me my acceptance package (which came with information on the Dean's Merit Scholarship).

(Yup, out of hiding now, Veggie)

Might as well chime in, since it sounds like you might have had my situation. USC's grad school sent me my acceptance package before the Price School sent me my acceptance package (which came with information on the Dean's Merit Scholarship).

Woww...congraz for both acceptance and scholarship.I am in India,so it will take a while to get any package here,if posted at all...SO fingers crossed..!!

Woww...congraz for both acceptance and scholarship.I am in India,so it will take a while to get any package here,if posted at all...SO fingers crossed..!!

awesome, i'll be in india for 4 weeks in june. i hear i'm visiting india in worst month of the year haha. :D

NOICE, high five!

TEAM AWESOME.

:highfive:

awesome, i'll be in india for 4 weeks in june. i hear i'm visiting india in worst month of the year haha. :D
Really.!!!....in June.its raining fire here,in North India.... temp depends according to place you r goin...

Really.!!!....in June.its raining fire here,in North India.... temp depends according to place you r goin...

and that's a reason to go to usc. i don't know what snow or rain or bad weather is.

(veggie, i forgot: i've always hit up vietnam during pretty good weather, but my cousins absolutely hated going there over the summer. i think that you're hitting vn in april though?)

and that's a reason to go to usc. i don't know what snow or rain or bad weather is.

(veggie, i forgot: i've always hit up vietnam during pretty good weather, but my cousins absolutely hated going there over the summer. i think that you're hitting vn in april though?)
LoL...i agree with you.Temperatures here reach close to 42-45C easily in summers.LA would be a respite ,i guess

LoL...i agree with you.Temperatures here reach close to 42-45C easily in summers.LA would be a respite ,i guess

not looking forward to the 42-45C...:eek::eek::eek:

the furthest south i'll go is around goa. :thumbup:

i'm just hoping i wont get bbq :cool:

yup, i'll be in vn in april. a week before songkran festival in bangkok.

i love the LA weather. even when it was cold in the morning and at night! i love the smell of cold air!

HI everyone,

I am actually in the process of applying to USC MHA program for Fall 2012 ...I take the GRE in two weeks and planning to submit my application after that. I was wondering what kind of scores/ GPA you guys had and etc ?? I am very nervous about applying since this is the only school I am applying to this year and really hope I get in! :scared:

I have about a 3.35 GPA and took a Kaplan GRE course and according to their practice tests getting about 146 Verbal and Math...I am aiming for a 150 Math and 155 Verbal.. since when I called they said the average scores they are looking for is 146 math and 153 verbal.. my personal statement is also about done, but just a little bit more provisions I need to do.

any advice about personal statements as well??

Hope to hear back soon, this is all I think about nowadays!

HI everyone,

I am actually in the process of applying to USC MHA program for Fall 2012 ...I take the GRE in two weeks and planning to submit my application after that. I was wondering what kind of scores/ GPA you guys had and etc ?? I am very nervous about applying since this is the only school I am applying to this year and really hope I get in! :scared:

I have about a 3.35 GPA and took a Kaplan GRE course and according to their practice tests getting about 146 Verbal and Math...I am aiming for a 150 Math and 155 Verbal.. since when I called they said the average scores they are looking for is 146 math and 153 verbal.. my personal statement is also about done, but just a little bit more provisions I need to do.

any advice about personal statements as well??

Hope to hear back soon, this is all I think about nowadays!
hi....its gud that u r considering USC..but apply in other schools too,as back up,jus a suggestion....I gave GRE in old format,so no idea of new scores.I think in old scores,average is 1200-1250..mine was 1200 and GPA close to urs.Dentist by profession..Apart from scores,Other things also matter like SOP, LORs...because its like a virtual interview..so tell them the things that u think they should know about you while making a decision.Your goals,your educational & work background,your qualities and at last..your reason to choose Sol Price School and its MHA program...that what i know about these things...Good luck for your exam and application.!!!.....

hi....its gud that u r considering USC..but apply in other schools too,as back up,jus a suggestion....I gave GRE in old format,so no idea of new scores.I think in old scores,average is 1200-1250..mine was 1200 and GPA close to urs.Dentist by profession..Apart from scores,Other things also matter like SOP, LORs...because its like a virtual interview..so tell them the things that u think they should know about you while making a decision.Your goals,your educational & work background,your qualities and at last..your reason to choose Sol Price School and its MHA program...that what i know about these things...Good luck for your exam and application.!!!.....

Hi thanks for replying!

I want to stay in California and not ready to move out of state yet which is why I am only applying to USC....and the other CAHME accredited school in California for MHA is Long Beach...and I don't really want to go there....I just graduated from college in 2011 so if I don't get into USC this year I am going to apply to more schools next year...yes Ill keep everyone updated I am crossing my fingers!! I got two professors and my internship supervisor to write my LOR ...right now I am working at a medical clinic and interned at a hospital when I was in college..so I am hoping these are enough! I cant see myself anywhere except USC :)

Hi thanks for replying!

I want to stay in California and not ready to move out of state yet which is why I am only applying to USC....and the other CAHME accredited school in California for MHA is Long Beach...and I don't really want to go there....I just graduated from college in 2011 so if I don't get into USC this year I am going to apply to more schools next year...yes Ill keep everyone updated I am crossing my fingers!! I got two professors and my internship supervisor to write my LOR ...right now I am working at a medical clinic and interned at a hospital when I was in college..so I am hoping these are enough! I cant see myself anywhere except USC :)

UCLA's program is also CAHME accredited :cool:

Hey, I'm going to USC as an MHA candidate. Currently looking for housing, no graduate student housing available anymore through USC, I'm thinking about living in Koreatown, what are your plans?

Hey, I'm going to USC as an MHA candidate. Currently looking for housing, no graduate student housing available anymore through USC, I'm thinking about living in Koreatown, what are your plans?

I'm still looking for housing but have narrowed down my interests. I'm thinking about moving to Culver City or Koreatown.

so I just got my USC Acceptance today and will be sending in my intent to enroll this week!! with that being said..anyone know where I can start looking for places?? or anyone looking for roommates preferably girls??? So excited to start this fall!! =].

so I just got my USC Acceptance today and will be sending in my intent to enroll this week!! with that being said..anyone know where I can start looking for places?? or anyone looking for roommates preferably girls??? So excited to start this fall!! =].

Hello fellow Trojan!

I'm checking out Culver City and Downtown areas. I've been using rent.com and craiglist.

:thumbup:

TS20, I was wondering when you've submitted your application? I've submitted mine mid June pretty close to the deadline and it's been about a month and still waiting to get in! USC is also the only school I've applied to, and kind of have a lot riding on this so super anxious and excited waiting!

I have a 3.5 and scored 150 in math, 156 in verbal and a 4.5 (72nd percentile) in the essay and all my paperwork is in so fingers crossed!!! :)

Sup,

Do you mind sharing your stats (gpa gre work experience)? I am looking to also apply to their program soon and want to assess my chances. And do you know when the app for fall 2015 will open the site still lists fall 2014

none.because this year i applied only for USC. I got in MHA in 2011 at UNF and marymount university but i didn't attend either.So.only USC this year.
Was it difficult to get in? Interview? What were some of you stats and work experience if you dont mind